Author Topic: 2013 Agility 50 Stopped Running  (Read 1557 times)

Reignfire

• View Profile
2013 Agility 50 Stopped Running
« on: March 26, 2014, 01:24:30 AM »
It was raining today and on the way to work it died half a mile down the road. It was running well then I noticed I was losing power and I pulled off as it slowly died. Now it won't crank at all. The electric starter works fine but it just won't start up. Any ideas? Also the paperwork says there's a 2 year warranty. Does that include situations like this? Thank you.

The moped learner

• View Profile
2013 Agility 50 Stopped Running
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2014, 06:02:21 AM »
How does it die i road my in pouring down with the road flooded and i was hydroplaning well my back tire was spinning out but it never seemed to want to die i  even road it in a creak and did fine airbox was stock to

Reignfire

• View Profile
Re: 2013 Agility 50 Stopped Running
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2014, 11:33:59 AM »
The rain may be unrelated. What would cause it to slowly wind down and stop like that after running perfectly?

Reignfire

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2014, 10:34:38 PM »
I took the seat off to look at the engine and there's one loose tube that's coming out of the very top front. There's signs of wear and there's a crimp clip still on the end so it had to attach somewhere. I've checked everywhere online for pictures of the engine but I can't find any. This may or may not be the problem but it is an issue. Any help? Sorry no pictures.

tortoise

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2014, 10:51:38 PM »
I've checked everywhere online for pictures of the engine but I can't find any.
Service Manual

Reignfire

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2014, 11:00:49 PM »
That was very informative. It's a crankcase breather tube and doesn't connect to anything. I'll change the spark plug and see how that goes.

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2014, 11:13:08 PM »
If your warranteed scoot stops running on the road for any reason other than lack of gas, this is a warranty issue!
Give them a call. Unless you've run well over the mileage for your spark plug life (see the manual for replacement miles) on a nearly new scoot like yours it probably has little to do with the plug. If a 2 stroke - gas /oil mix correct?
It could be several things - but with your warranty - it is their problem , not yours. That 2 yr warranty is one reason you bought a KYMCO scooter.
And please let us know how it is resolved.
Good luck
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

JJJoseph

• Kymco Sento
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2014, 06:42:44 AM »
I noticed I was losing power and I pulled off as it slowly died.

Carbureted engines will ice up in cold rainy weather as frost builds inside the carb.  It'll slowly die, and then start again after 10 minutes when the frost has melted.  A 50cc 4-stroke scoot doesn't generate enough extra heat to melt the ice, so it just dies.  This doesn't happen with fuel-injected cars & bikes, nor in summer time.  Only carbureted engines in cold rainy weather.  Most small airplanes have a "Carb Heat" lever to heat the carb and melt the ice

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2014, 01:29:33 PM »
check all the lines comeing and going from the gas tank to the carb make sure all is tight and no leaks there should be 3. and one going down under the floor board needs to be tight also that one pushes the gas threw the tank to the carb..thats a must.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()