Author Topic: YES 2 Yr WARRANTY IS TRANSFERABLE  (Read 4002 times)

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
YES 2 Yr WARRANTY IS TRANSFERABLE
« on: April 21, 2014, 11:34:46 PM »
UPDATED AFTER RECEIVING THIS REPLY FROM KYMCO USA TODAY:
"Yes, warranty is transferable.
 The new Owner would need to supply KYMCO USA with:
Copy of a bill of sale
New Owner Name, Address & Phone #VIN
Once received, we would change the warranty registration information in our system.  Any KYMCO dealer (the only ones who can get reimbursed for warranty work) would pull up the warranty registration/owner information based on the VIN."

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Original post: Seems a lot of folks have not read their warranty papers which came with the scooter packet in the USA.
I don't know about other countries, but the KYMCO factory warranty on scooters sold in the U.S.A. reads:
To the original owner:
All parts and labor for the first 365 days.
Engine and electrical parts and repair labor for the first 540 days.
Engine parts and repair labor are covered for 730 days.

There is also a warranty on emission control systems by old Kwang Yang Motor Co., LTD - which makes for good reading in the loo.

What is Not covered is:
A whole bunch of stuff that a smart owner would not do while their vehicle is otherwise under warranty.

This 2 year warranty is one of the factors that sold me on my Kymco purchase - and after 5000 miles and 13 months I have found it to be a very well made scooter. (knock on wood)
« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 06:20:57 PM by Stig »
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Our 2 year warranty in the USA
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2014, 12:00:03 AM »
Good deal if you ask me! All that stuff will break in short order if there is a defect. even 6 months would make me happy for what these scoots cost.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

TroutBum

• 2012 Like 200i (sold)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2014, 06:02:17 AM »
I am glad to have the warranty. The first twelve months two batteries were replaced. Into year two an oil seal was replaced behind the variator. All it cost me was a couple two three trips to my dealer for resolution. No questions asked. I still have until the end of July of this year before the warranty runs out. It's good peace of mind.

NeoGenesisMax

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2014, 06:50:49 AM »
Good deal if you ask me! All that stuff will break in short order if there is a defect. even 6 months would make me happy for what these scoots cost.

Wow I feel poor. I had to work my ass off to afford this thing. If I bought a fifteen dollar can opener Id be mad if it broke in six months.

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2014, 08:16:54 AM »
Maybe there's one lemon in every bunch... I'm very lucky my scoot is untouched with almost 30,000 on the odo...

Porkie

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2014, 12:53:37 PM »
There is no warranty at all on a nearly brand new, within warranty Kymco, when sold and the warranty is non-transferable to subsequent owners.

Sam:)
2014 Polaris Ranger 800 crew cab 4x4
2012 Honda Goldwing Blue
2013 Kymco Xciting RI ABS in gold/ orange
2005 Suzuki Burgman 650 blue metallic
KF6GUW Amateur Extra

Dolemite

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2014, 02:00:16 PM »
Kymco's warranty is transferrable fyi. When I purchased my Like in April of 2012 (originally sold in October of 2011) the dealer who I bought it from didn't think it was... but after reading through the papers and CALLING KymcoUSA they assured me their warranties are transferrable and did mine over the phone.... although within the first two years I had no issues with the scoot.

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2014, 02:56:32 PM »
my warranty went under all above. But I had a hell of a time with the kymco reps checking the scoot out to give the dealer the ok to fix. Did not think I had to go threw all that. they had my scoot for over 6 months befor I got it back. and it was at 3 shops to get it fixed and one shop handed it over to the other in parts. Not right .

Porkie

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2014, 05:19:45 PM »
The warranty is directed to the original owner. There is nothing whatsoever about it being transferable.

The dealer himself can make his own warranties not binding on Kymco and good luck if you travel and need warranty service.

2012 Honda Goldwing Blue
KF6GUW Amateur Extra

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Re: YES 2 Yr WARRANTY IS TRANSFERABLE
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2014, 06:12:44 PM »
The warranty is directed to the original owner. There is nothing whatsoever about it being transferable.

The dealer himself can make his own warranties not binding on Kymco and good luck if you travel and need warranty service.

Please see my updated info in the OP
Rec'd an email from KymcoUSA today to my question re. the warranty.
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2014, 10:35:21 PM »
Wow I feel poor. I had to work my ass off to afford this thing. If I bought a fifteen dollar can opener Id be mad if it broke in six months.

Don't feel poor. I steal all my scooters from the neighborhood kids. I get a new model every December 26th.
Mass Iridium to all!
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Porkie

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2014, 12:08:18 PM »
Thank you OP, I stand corrected and that is good news on the warranty!

2012 Honda Goldwing Blue
KF6GUW Amateur Extra

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()