Author Topic: up grades for super8 150  (Read 16934 times)

speedy08

• View Profile
up grades for super8 150
« on: January 01, 2010, 10:12:26 PM »
has anyone done any preformance upgrades to their super8 150, how did it work out?

scootermike

• High Performance Scooter Parts NHRC, NCY, POLINI
    • View Profile
    • scootertronics
Re: up grades for super8 150
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2010, 11:06:24 PM »
Since the Kymco Super 8 150 has a GY6 150 engine there are lots of upgrades to do but a few things are different like CDI is DC pulse where most GY6 is AC also header pipe and mounting hardware is somewhat different than most, I do have most mods you can do including CDI and a new pipe high performance exhaust you can find these at http://bit.ly/8N0yIT you may email me from there for special pipe for Super 8 150, trans is a good place to start with Dr Pulley slider weights in 10 or 11 gram for better take off without losing top end all the way up to cylinder kit for 177cc upgrade, the Kymco Super 8 150 is a great scooter that only gets better with a few mods or upgrades.

scootermike
CF Moto V5
QJ 2T 72cc Racing Scoot
Kymco Super 9 LC
Kymco Cobra
Verucci 150 10D
Vento Rebellion
SRC Race Crew
Scooter Shop

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2010, 02:20:15 AM »
Go for it! Listen to people like scootermike, buy the BEST parts, and you will have a GREAT machine! If you listen to the ads for cheap "knock off" parts you will have a broke down piece of scrap. Take your time, and learn what can be done in what order. Good parts are not cheap, and cheap parts are not good.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

scootermike

• High Performance Scooter Parts NHRC, NCY, POLINI
    • View Profile
    • scootertronics
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2010, 04:05:13 PM »
Also consider what you are trying to gain. There are several routes to go, if you need more power during take, passing and hill climbing work on trans first, for me I love over all performance with bling so I did a pipe on my 150 first with roller weights and belt, most Kymco scooters have great belts that you can get thousands of miles from, when adding pipe add more and gas also then for real HP add a larger manual chone carb for real control, I always try to suggest performance gain along with budget first. There are several cylinder kits out there for Kymco 150s to get 177cc so these really help out. ;D
CF Moto V5
QJ 2T 72cc Racing Scoot
Kymco Super 9 LC
Kymco Cobra
Verucci 150 10D
Vento Rebellion
SRC Race Crew
Scooter Shop

speedy08

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2010, 08:33:54 PM »
so what is the first step, I want to get a little more take off to start with and then try to add a little speed, the main thing is I want my scooter to be reliable, if someone has done a mod. it would be great to know, like what exhaust, air cleaner and jets worked well for them, it would take some of the guess work and cost out of it, there are so many things that can be done, but I will not have a never ending bank acount. I have been looking on craigs list for a good deal on a gy6 150 engine to do a winter bulid on, then I can get parts as needed while I keep riding the super8 and do a swap when it's finished. then again when you get the bug your never finished hahaha

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2010, 10:33:14 PM »
Probably the first thing to do, which will help with better take off, is change out the rollers for lighter ones and stiffer clutch springs.  These mods will not have any effect on the engine jetting, so it's a good place to start.  Just be aware that when the time comes for doing the exhaust, air filter, and jetting, the rollers and springs may need to be changed again.

glopezz05

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2010, 03:28:57 PM »
scootermike...

Does the cylinder kit really make that big of a difference?

It's only 27cc bigger.  Not much on a 150 it seems. 

I can see it on a 50cc going to 72 or 80 (depending on kit)...
Im usually on a bicycle, so for me, this thing is hauling ass!

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()