Author Topic: my zx50 issues  (Read 105279 times)

thebatman

• The Bat lives on... like the fkn Energizer Bunny
    • View Profile
Re: my zx50 issues
« Reply #90 on: March 22, 2010, 01:40:11 PM »
so whats up with this notching idea... how are you not gonna kill the belt???....... yep, i keep taking off in second gear...was revving high enough, then bog at takeoff, then not revving high enough , bog at takeoff still in "second gear"..sanded clutch discs, 7.5 rollers, seemed to help some. i dont think its right..have new 1500 thruout
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:
"A goal without a plan is just a dream"......

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 22, 2010, 08:38:13 PM »
I'm getting lost on this one batman. heavier rollers will lower your rpms. Liter will increase. Are you getting full rpm's at full throttle? Top speed at full throttle? There are no GEARS so the analogy of second gear dosen't fit in my mind. Do you mean just a slow roll w/ low rpm's? or a slow roll w/ High rpm's? Stiffer clutch springs will get you further into the throttle before thee clutch starts engaging, and a stiffer contra spring will hold a lower ratio longer. If I'm lost it must be hell on you. Try going all stock, and trading the parts out 1 at a time so you can judge where the ill behavior is coming from. As you trade out parts post back w/ what you have, and what you would like it to do. Maybe it's just me But I don't follow where this tune went south.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 24, 2010, 07:29:32 PM »
well your nemisis is back...lmao.. my take off seemed to be better wit the stock pipe, went to sh** wit the pipe added..i said "second gear" for lack of better term...slow ass roll, LOW rpms, then it picks up...im assuming im getting the right rpm speed. mid an top end seem good.. actually hit 52 today, (flat straight)...i do seem to like the 7.5s better then the 7s..seems to run better, dont hear the rpm "whine" either with them. the scooter shop wants to sell me a new clutch, said thats maybe the issue,idk.. new 1500clutch springs, 1500 contra spring.....
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 26, 2010, 12:55:30 AM »
I agree w/ your shop. You can add stiffer fly springs to allow more revs before rolling, and see if that gets you closer to what you want first. New is deff. more fun, but tuning will show what you need. Try the springs, and you may well do good. (That was some arch enemy kinda talk) MAY WELL DO GOOD!
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 26, 2010, 02:01:17 AM »
I agree somewhat w/ Zombie.  I think that your contra spring may be too stiff and/or your clutch springs not stiff enough.  After talking with Steve @ Moped Hospital about my setup; he recommended just changing my clutch springs to stiffer ones and leaving my contra where it is.  I'm experiencing a bit of the same tuning issues as you after changing my final reduction gears.  Steve also said that going with a stiffer contra spring is essentially the same as going with lighter rollers and vice versa which makes sense.  I should have my new parts installed next Tuesday, so I'll let you know how I made out on the lower end acceleration.  I don't know that you necessarily need a new clutch, but you might try changing the contra to a softer one first, like a 1000 rpm.  I will be trying 8.5g sliders, with a Malossi white contra and Jasil red (1500) clutch springs.

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 26, 2010, 11:50:52 AM »
what up zombie??   what up shaka?? im back,.lmao.. i did notice that the oem clutch pads are way smaller than any aftermarket, whether cheap or good.. i had put my oem contra in for a bit, didnt really help any, should i have went to 2000 on the fly springs???. of course mine are 1500 yellow ncy brand...i dont have a card to order sh** so, in stock was my option...lmao.. i notice sum "spitting", a "slight spudder", in the carb, idk???? just once each time you gas it.. all these co. use different colors for diff strenghs...w.t.h?? shaka said RED 1500 jasil..red is 2000, ncy.. im assuming any kymco clutchs r the same, finally found a malossi white contra wit out buying the whole kit.. was also told they(white) are same as oem?? oem is like 800?!?!?!... i have to ask this to you both tho, do u work here, moderator or summmin??? naturally i was told not to listen to ANYBODY here,there, anywhere.. told just somebody wit money, bored and someone else does the work, no clue, blah, blah, blah.i am getting good stuff.
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 26, 2010, 12:08:33 PM »
...malossi white is 1000...

;D
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 26, 2010, 09:29:03 PM »
WOW BRO! I post here cause I needed a third opinion on trouble I was having, and the response surprised me! To see people willing to help others w/ no strings meant soooo much to me I felt I had to join up and return the favor. It has just become part of my life now. Skadamo is the guy that runs the show here. He also runs several other tech. sites. Well anyway... The stiffer fly springs are the next step. You are right about them all being rated diff. It is easiest to stick w/ one brand, and try them untill you get what you want. The sputter may be in the jetting. Try a new plug, and run it for 60 or so seconds at the exact point the spudder happens. The condition of the plug will tell if you are rich or lean causing it. Oh hey, see if you can get anyone that miss-trusts the motives here to sign up and post for awhile. Haven't had a real good flame war in quite some time. Also I use one of those pre-paid debit cards for my shopping. I have a good set up w/ a top company in the business, and if you want to sign up for either Visa or Master C. I can give you a referral # that will give us both $20.00 cash on sign up. You can Email me for info on that if you want.If you keep only the amount you need for your purchase there is no way to Hi-jack your funds.

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 26, 2010, 09:47:37 PM »
+1000 zombie, I was looking for a little advice and was overwhelmed by the advice and assistance. unfortunately I dont have much to contribute at the moment but maybe some day.
ZX50, 47mm cyl. kit, TZR50 CDI. Michelin Pilot Sport tyres,
Next performance mod; pumping the tyres up.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 26, 2010, 09:50:41 PM »
Even the ?'s help others. Sometimes it will trigger another way of looking at a problem. I can only imagine how many people use the site w/ out joining or posting. As long as it helps, it is all good.

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 27, 2010, 12:11:27 AM »
I'm in the same position as Zombie.  I found this site looking for info on doing some upgrades to my scoot and was extremely surprised with what I found!  I guess scooter tuning has become a new found passion for me!  I learn something new everyday by reading through the posts and answering questions for others.  My goal is start my own scooter shop within the next year.  I can say I know the inner workings of many other scoots on the market just by reading and helping others!  I've never even worked on a 4 stroke scoot, but I'm confident I can troubleshoot and repair one!

As for your scoot batman; I think maybe trying either a 1000 contra spring with your current weight rollers may help, or keeping the 1500 contra and going with heavier rollers and also possibly changing to 2000 fly springs.  I think ultimately your contra is too stiff though!  I'm not sure what the oem spring is rated at, Slinger says 800, but Idk.  I don know the Malossi White spring is longer as well as stiffer, however I have heard it called a 1000.  The other problem is that the rpm ratings are all guesses.  It ultimately depends on your individual components.  That's why it's best to stick with on manufacturers parts.  If your running NCY springs now stick with those, just go to their next size, don't switch manufactures and guess solely off their rpm rating.

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 27, 2010, 03:35:19 PM »
+1000 zombie, I was looking for a little advice and was overwhelmed by the advice and assistance. unfortunately I dont have much to contribute at the moment but maybe some day.

..i came here in july of last year...not knowing a dang thing about my scooter, except that i had just broken a belt and installed a malossi variator that "rattled" and i was trying to figure out why...thot i had done something wrong....

..i came in with a flourish and was truly amazed and excited so much that i posted night and day..for days on end and kinda pissed some ppl off and made a big deal of my member status and whew!!..what a treasure trove of information did i find...

..I had little or nothing to contribute to the forum, but these guys accepted me for the big-mouth, pompous turd that i was (am?) and helped me figure out every issue i came across with patience and a unbridled willingness to assist...

..i've learned a whole helluva lot since then and now i'm so glad i came here, and it's a good feeling when I can lend someone a hand in figuring out some of their own problems...

..you'll know soon enough sid, and i'm sure there are ppl reading your threads, and going..."hey...that sounds like what I have"...

peace
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 02, 2010, 01:46:41 PM »
what up?? iiiiimmmmm heeeeerrrree...lmao. sorry about being away...get irratated at the scoot sometimes..crashed my scoot bout 10 days ago..woman bowed up in front of me, slammed her ass..ouch!!. i HAD to have a rider wit me that day..that couldve been WAY nasty for me..whew!!. got all parts back on yesterday..while i was at this shop, told guy to ride it and tel me.. even he said it should rev higher before takin off.. yes i still have all 1500 springs in, i seem to like the top..i live in mtns, BUNCH of hills everywhere. afraid 1000 will kill my climbin ability???.idk.. i thought of 2000 fly springs, (this shop says no, too stiff,have to rev to high before take off). is it possible to get a bad batch of springs?? could i have bought the wrong ones??... think imma change brands. did think of 2000fly an 1000 contra..hmmm???..anybody have a used starter?. whats link to upload a pic of my scoot?? thanks guys, shaka, zombie, wordslinger, looks like sid now..
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 02, 2010, 03:53:11 PM »
What up Bro! Glad you /the passenger/scoot came out OK. I worry about that all the time. I think you should try the 2000 springs since the 1500's don't do it for you. You do want to have more rpm's to climb the hills. The springs should be pretty darn tight when you install them. If they just kinda wobble around they are too big for your clutch. Most of them are made for the after market clutches. I do know the Malossi spring kit works on the kymco clutch. Not sure about the NCY tho. It cant hurt to try them if you have them. Generally the mid weight springs work best w/ a stock set up. Your starter is rebuild-able too. any good starter shop can fix yours up for you. (about $40.00). you can upload your own picts. by clicking the Additional Options thing on the bottom left of the post screen. There is a free program called Picture Resize.  http://download.cnet.com/Free-Picture-Resize-Starter/3000-12511_4-10297789.html   It is the easiest to use for me. I think the kb size has to be under 190kb. It only takes a few clicks to re-size, and post. Hope some of this helps you out bro!. You can pm me if you need help w/ the pict prog.  It is pretty easy.

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 02, 2010, 04:42:11 PM »
hey man...my passenger wasnt from here, higher up or summin...lmao somebody saved my ass, i was alone on it.. the parts hurt me this week for sure..lmao..see dont u even live in the flats,seems 1in fla and 1 in wilmington??  flatlands..lmao..my ass in the mtns, always climbing hills somewhere.. ty btw... im thinking the 7 rollers helped better out of turns but 7.5 rollers helped top end. maybe im not revving high enough to engage proper??.. sh@t, im like a dam broken record i know, dude i apoligize. may change brands tho, maybe i got a bad batch. i do know the contra is diff sizes, not sure which to get..lol what up with this jasil brand??
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()