Author Topic: Changing CDI  (Read 11660 times)

Neko

• View Profile
Changing CDI
« on: March 02, 2010, 08:47:07 PM »
I have been reading through the posts for de-restricting, and am wanting to change the CDI or disable the rev limiter.
But have not seen any like mine.
I have a 2009 Super8 2T.
Can somebody help me out, and tell me exactly what I need to buy or mod.
I hoping the pics I've taken show up!
Many Thanks.   :)

Super 8 2T

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Changing CDI
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2010, 09:59:22 PM »
I can see 6 wires on the harness! How many pinns are there in the cdi? Also it looks like there are 2 green wires in the harness. Is one of them dark green (the other lite green)? I'll look around to see if that is the same type cdi in the zx. Your answers will help.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Neko

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2010, 10:27:34 PM »
The CDI has 8 pins (See pic).
One of the wires is Green, the other is Green with a dark stripe.

Super 8 2T

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2010, 10:30:11 PM »
Is this a UK bike?
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Neko

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2010, 10:33:49 PM »
Super 8 2T

alchemy67

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2010, 12:06:41 PM »
Hi, you could do what I did and emailed customer services at MASCO, they are the distributors for Kymco in the UK. I asked them which wire to cut on my super8 50 4t and a guy came back 2 days later and told me what to do.  That way the info is straight from the horses mouth so tom speak!   No harrm in asking is there?

regards

Neko

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2010, 12:53:33 PM »
Thanks for the info, I have telephoned MASCO, and was told there is no rev limiter, and so it cannot be removed.

There is on the 4T, but not 2T!
Super 8 2T

scootergrisen

• View Profile
    • scootergrisen
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2010, 03:48:28 AM »
Yeah i seems like the CDI are not retricted on you model.

Heres my CDI from my Kymco Super 8, 4 stroke 50 ccm with the 2 ekstra wires.

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2010, 01:07:21 AM »
Hi, you could do what I did and emailed customer services at MASCO, they are the distributors for Kymco in the UK. I asked them which wire to cut on my super8 50 4t and a guy came back 2 days later and told me what to do.  That way the info is straight from the horses mouth so tom speak!   No harrm in asking is there?

regards

..what did they say to do??
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2010, 02:47:14 PM »
Thanks for the info, I have telephoned MASCO, and was told there is no rev limiter, and so it cannot be removed.

There is on the 4T, but not 2T!
  The Uk bikes are done at the air box/ carb main jet/ var bushing/ exhaust pipe washer. You need to remove the washer in the exhaust header, change the variator boss, remove the restriction in the air box, and go up 2 sizes on the main jet. That will get you rocking.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2010, 02:49:29 PM »
  The Uk bikes are done at the air box/ carb main jet/ var bushing/ exhaust pipe washer. You need to remove the washer in the exhaust header, change the variator boss, remove the restriction in the air box, and go up 2 sizes on the main jet. That will get you rocking.
  I just posted this in the thread you referred to. Chase down these few bits, and you will be good to go.

jbcinzio

• I was the second gunman on the grassy knoll....
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2010, 03:01:07 PM »

regards

Which wire do we cut for the 50cc 4T?
This message was posted using 100% recycled electrons.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2010, 03:05:48 PM »
Either one of the 2 pink wires.

Neko

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2010, 10:21:20 AM »
  I just posted this in the thread you referred to. Chase down these few bits, and you will be good to go.
Zombie,
 Please can you point me in the right direction to find this. It was a while ago, and I've been on vacation.
Cheers,
Neko
Super 8 2T

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2010, 02:52:37 AM »
  Hey Neko, This is the post. Inside your variator there is a sleeve that everything rides on. At one end of the sleeve (boss) there is a shoulder that is easy to have machined off. Go to http://www.stadiumyamaha.com/pages/parts/viewbybrand/default.aspx  and look up your scoot. Look at the cvt picts, and the boss is # 22105 in the pict. That is the MAIN restriction on your scoot. The shoulder has to be cut down to the same diameter as the rest it. Next... Open your air box, and right in front of the carb. is a square plug with a hole in the middle for the air to flow thru. Just pull out that plug, and toss it away. after that you can get a bigger Mian jet from your dealer. It will be 2 sizes bigger than the one in there now. The last bit is in the exhaust. There is a washer welded into the engine side end of the pipe. Use a dremmel tool to cut it out, and you are done. You will see 45 mph.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()