Author Topic: Posting Pics on the Forum From Your Computer  (Read 3855 times)

Rianna

• View Profile
Posting Pics on the Forum From Your Computer
« on: December 02, 2010, 09:54:37 PM »
When you start a new topic or reply to a post you will see something similar to what is in Pic 1 here. Directly below the box you type your message in you will see the words "Additional Options..." When you click on the + (plus sign) you will expand the menu listing those Additional Options and your screen will show something similar to what is in Pic 2 here. To post a photo you will need to click on the button marked "Browse" and this will take you to the most likely place on your computer where pictures are stored. If your pictures are stored somewhere else like your desktop or a different folder you will be able to navigate to them from there. Select the picture you want to use and click "Open". When you click "Post" your pictures will be inside of your posted message below the words you typed.

You can also select other options. If you want to see how your pic and message turned out you can select "Return to this topic" before clicking on "Post". Then you will be brought right back to the thread you were posting in and you will be able to see your message and pic. Then you will be able to edit it if it did not turn out the way you hoped.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2010, 10:00:47 PM by Rianna »

Agent Bob

• View Profile
Re: Posting Pics on the Forum From Your Computer
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2010, 12:13:01 AM »
It's a bit complicated to delve into right now, but I'll try it shortly. Don't get your hopes up. I only have one lousy pic of a scoot under a plastic cover hibernating for the winter.

Rianna

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2010, 01:12:10 AM »
Hey, Agent Bob, So Sorry I overcomplicated things. How about a simpler version to start out with? ;D

Click these thingies:

1.)  Reply
2.)  Additional Options
3.)  Browse
4.)  Pic you want to post
5.)  Open
6.)  Post

Good luck. Look forward to your pic.

klaviator

• Huntsville, Alabama
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2010, 02:59:40 AM »
A better way is to post directly from a photo hosting site such as photobucket or smugmug.  Click on reply, then click on the little icon that looks like a little pic - bottom row, second from left, then insert(paste) the direct link URL of the pic from the photo hosting site and:
I Ride Therefore I Am

Rocket City, Al

klaviator

• Huntsville, Alabama
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2010, 03:07:39 AM »
I choose photobucket because it offered a free account, however if you post a lot of pictures like I do, you would need to upgrade to a pro account which costs about 25 buck a year. 
I Ride Therefore I Am

Rocket City, Al

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2010, 03:21:40 AM »
the way rianna is talking about is to use the pic you have on your computer in the (my picture files)
or in( my documents) it works great you can even make videos and post theam on line like that.
you can get pic from your phone by puting theam in your pic files. just play around with it and give it a go. unless you have a apple pc its all diff.

Rianna

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2010, 03:33:46 AM »
Yeah, blue, this was for posting From Your Computer. I didn't know you could do videos that way too. Thanks. ;)

Hoolander2

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2010, 03:34:01 AM »
And note there is a maximum size for the picture you can attatch.  If you do a search of this site for "posting pics" or "How to post a picture" or similar you'll find a couple of threads where it's been discussed before.  Zombie used to post links for a resizing program which I think was free.  Find it and get it if you want to use method 1.  ;)

Or use Klaviator's method which doesn't require resizing.  Just have to go open a free account on one of the many photo hosting sites.  Insert your URL code between the bracket thingys.  I use photobucket.

TechGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2010, 06:45:44 AM »
I almost always post to my Picasa share site and then hotlink over. I know if I delete it at Picasa it deletes it here but... i will take that risk as i hate dealing with the size limits and I don't like the thumbnail images you get when you upload.

Agent Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2010, 04:49:08 PM »

New camera, first posted pic.

Agent Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2010, 04:51:42 PM »
Hot Damn! It worked. Below is the best guide I found to post pics.

http://www.tintdude.com/posting-pics.html

Hoolander2

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2010, 05:21:28 PM »
Hot Damn indeed!  A beautiful pic for your first one!  Now how about one with the plastic covering removed!  That'd be real nice. 

Rianna

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2010, 12:05:46 AM »
Alright!

Way To Go, Agent Bob!

Scoot looks nice even if it is covered up. :)

Rianna

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2011, 04:17:58 PM »
I guess that's all the pics we get, Hoolander, lol.

You must have gotten a nice camera there, Agent Bob. It takes really great pics! It even caught all the details of your pitchfork, broom, tools and such in the background! LOL. Seems a shame not to put that nice new camera to use and post up some more pics...;D

Agent Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2011, 12:26:52 AM »
What would you like to see Rianna.... snow, ice sleet or hail? We had it all today so take your pick. No more scooter picks for rest of winter sorry to say, but it's half over, so there's hope.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()