Author Topic: Headlights  (Read 3687 times)

BlueScooter

• View Profile
Headlights
« on: December 09, 2010, 05:37:14 PM »
I would really like to get brighter headlights. Anyone discovered any alternatives?

scosgt

• View Profile
Re: Headlights
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2010, 12:50:57 AM »
They are 35W/35W running off AC and there is probably not much you can do. 55W H4 bulbs will fit  but would probably melt the lens and drain the battery.

One thing you CAN do is replace the running lights (they are T94) with some high power bright white LEDs.  You won't see any better, but will probably be seen better.

The People S design does not lend itself to either headlight modulators or HID lights (both of which are installed in my SYM HD 200).

BlueScooter

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2010, 03:16:19 AM »
Part of the problem for me is that the beam is aimed too short. I adjusted the aim, but it is still too short.

awdwill

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2011, 07:18:36 PM »
I think a fundamental problem to consider, before even thinking about modifying the headlights or whatnot, is the insane difficulty in removing the back and front covers for the handlebar/headlight.... I gave up doing anything about the headlights because I just can't get the covers off despite having released all the tabs.

spr0k3t

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2011, 08:56:20 PM »
My recommendation on a brighter headlight is to make sure the lens is always clean.  I've aimed my headlight down and use the high beams most of the time.  As for a good replacement, I really don't think is any especially for AC factor of the headlight... but tbh, it's quite bright to start with.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()