Author Topic: Agility 50 headlight Bulb  (Read 10282 times)

scooterman11

• View Profile
Agility 50 headlight Bulb
« on: June 07, 2011, 05:03:38 PM »
I would like to buy a different kind of headlight bulb for my agility 50 and am not sure what kind it takes or where to buy one

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
Re: Agility 50 headlight Bulb
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2011, 09:54:05 PM »
If it is the same globe as the zx50 it will take a  BA20D, I got a super bright halogen one from scooter assassins, it was a big improvement. But, I also put in a dimmer switch and now have high beam as well. This is about the best that can be had from my scoot.
ZX50, 47mm cyl. kit, TZR50 CDI. Michelin Pilot Sport tyres,
Next performance mod; pumping the tyres up.

scooterman11

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2011, 02:50:26 AM »
@sidthesloth

thank you for the reply greatly apreciated

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2011, 03:13:44 AM »
My stock light was a 35 watt, so when I bought the new one I made sure it was 35/35 so I did not overload the charging system or generate too much heat for the headlight lens/reflector.

hungryrussian

• Kymco Agility 50 "Sonic"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2011, 12:21:06 PM »
ours is not a BA20D it is a very strangely shaped HI/LO roundish bulb that i have not been able to find anywhere besides my dealer. I would love to find a high output bulb of some sort so if anyone has come across one please post also if anyone knows the numbers for our bulb.. if not i'll be building something to fit one of these HID bulbs i have laying around somewhere...  ;D
'08 Agility 50, 72cc BBK, Naraku HS High Speed Variator, some clutch tweaking, UNI filter with homemade cold air setup, Leo Vince Handmade Titan exhaust, lots of random upgrades i'll never be able to remember.. the look on people's faces when i put a knee down through a curve makes it all worthwhile

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2011, 12:56:54 PM »
A big bulb, with a mount that looks similar to a tail light, the BA20D replaces this, but is a halogen bulb, only a fraction of the size, but better output.

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2011, 02:06:56 PM »

hungryrussian

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2011, 04:10:42 PM »
wow i didn't actually look closely at that bulb it really does look like the same base as the p5w21w(our stock bulb apparently) which is basically a European version of the 1157 bulb.. i'll have to go pick one up i live in the country so i've gotta keep my eyes peeled for deer
'08 Agility 50, 72cc BBK, Naraku HS High Speed Variator, some clutch tweaking, UNI filter with homemade cold air setup, Leo Vince Handmade Titan exhaust, lots of random upgrades i'll never be able to remember.. the look on people's faces when i put a knee down through a curve makes it all worthwhile

streido

• I view speed limits as guidelines rather than laws
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2011, 09:17:30 PM »
Nice info Sid, been looking for a decent halogen type bulb myself for a while, was worried i may buy the wrong type and melt my holder or lens. Get paid next week so i may need to buy one then.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2011, 09:58:48 PM »
I bought another two last night, they are not available locally and I don't have a spare.
I have been using them for about 1 year, no problems. I alsn fitted a dimmer switch. Doing shift work and having to ride down a road that is notorious for roos, you need a good light.

streido

• I view speed limits as guidelines rather than laws
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2011, 10:06:42 PM »
Roos and 50mph scooters dont mix well ;D
Chaos is my co-pilot.

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2011, 11:56:24 PM »
Which is why I slow down to 80km/h (50mph) on that road at night.

hungryrussian

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2011, 02:04:34 PM »
they're not available locally here either so i'll be ordering 2 or 3 probably different styles so i can figure out which works and looks best my headlight looks exceptionally yellow now as i have LED driving lights which are bright white and i have the corner lights in my headlight amber colored instead of the stock white (which for some reason kymco decided no to illuminate from the factory?? there were bulbs and sockets and all but no connection to power...) the deer around here are suicidal i've been knocked off my scoot once by a small doe.. needless to say it was not a pleasant experience and i now have a boomerang for a rear brake handle

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2011, 08:08:43 PM »
I don't suppose the young doe enjoyed being swept off her feet by a suicidal scooterist. ;D.

hungryrussian

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2011, 01:50:03 AM »
hahahaha nope she ran away real fast once she got untangled from my scoot lol

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()