Author Topic: Installed the Puig 992 Touring windscreen  (Read 5655 times)

mitchedwards

• View Profile
Installed the Puig 992 Touring windscreen
« on: November 16, 2008, 11:00:25 PM »

Just Installed the Puig Touring windscreen on my 125.  Took me probably 30 minuted to get it installed.  I can tell a huge differences with the wind not pushing me as I drive.  Just be warned if your on the tall side, the wind off the wind screen will hit you inthe neck, so on cold days dont forget your scarf

jesionowski

• View Profile
Re: Installed the Puig 992 Touring windscreen
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2008, 05:48:49 PM »
What did it cost and where did you get it from. Also how about posting some more detailed pics of the install. Its hard to see how its attached.

thanks
Igonorance is never better than knowledge

mitchedwards

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2008, 11:16:11 PM »
The windshield cost $163.00 I got it throught my local Kymco dealer.

To install you remove the side mirrors, and put a L bracket over the hole and re-insert your mirror.
The windshield then attaches to that L Bracket.  Its a bit of a pain to get it aligned, but once you get it all aligned you just tighten everything down.

rxrunner

• View Profile
    • Kymco Agility 125
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2012, 02:08:56 AM »
I picked up one of these today (Touring size Puig). It said it was made for the Agility model. I got it at Cycle Barn in Lynnwood, WA. The price tag on it was $110, but I got it for $95 + tax. It had been in their inventory a while, and I was happy to help them out.

I heard that optimally, you want the top of the screen to be eye-level when you are sitting in your normal riding position. For me that would be about 16 inches above the dash. However, although the Windscreen is about 16 inches high, I'll be mounting it about 6 inches lower than the dash (and about a half an inch from the "cowl") so that a.) the lower flares of it line up with the handlebar grips, and b. so that it will not vibrate at speed. 

If I can figure out how to do it, I may also try to mount it flush against the "cowl", but if I do that, I will need to add a rubber bumper along the bottom of the windscreen. And since the cowl is curved, the bumper will need to be different thicknesses. We will see what happens.   

rxrunner

• View Profile
    • Kymco Agility 125
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2012, 10:07:16 PM »
I installed my Agility Touring Windscreen. It took me a about an hour to get in installed. At first I had the long side of the L bracket parallel to the handlebar - and that did not allow me to get it lined up. Then, I made the short end parallel with the handlebar, and pointed it to the inside.

My screen is Touring model for the Agility, but does not say 992 on it. It says Ref 4326 on the instructions, and  KBA_38120 is stamped on the windshield. It is tinted, but you basically look over it to see the road, so tinted or untinted does not make a difference except for visual appeal. I have tried it and I would rate it 5/5 so far. I could mount it a little higher or a little lower. I have it about 1 inch from the front fairing.

One thing you will notice, is that the wind still gets to you in two places - a) from the neck up and b) just under the front fairing (since the screen does not go down that low). I'll add some pictures. Although I may miss the sensation of the wind pushing on my chest while riding, I'm sure I will get used to this very soon.

rxrunner

• View Profile
    • Kymco Agility 125
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2012, 11:17:01 PM »
Here is the front page of the windscreen.
Also linked here are other pictures of my Agility:
http://s1146.photobucket.com/albums/o539/rxrunner/Kymco%20Agility/?start=all
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 04:35:44 AM by rxrunner »

OregonDad

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2012, 08:19:22 AM »
I installed my Agility Touring Windscreen. It took me a about an hour to get in installed. At first I had the long side of the L bracket parallel to the handlebar - and that did not allow me to get it lined up. Then, I made the short end parallel with the handlebar, and pointed it to the inside.

My screen is Touring model for the Agility, but does not say 992 on it. It says Ref 4326 on the instructions, and  KBA_38120 is stamped on the windshield. It is tinted, but you basically look over it to see the road, so tinted or untinted does not make a difference except for visual appeal. I have tried it and I would rate it 5/5 so far. I could mount it a little higher or a little lower. I have it about 1 inch from the front fairing.

One thing you will notice, is that the wind still gets to you in two places - a) from the neck up and b) just under the front fairing (since the screen does not go down that low). I'll add some pictures. Although I may miss the sensation of the wind pushing on my chest while riding, I'm sure I will get used to this very soon.

Thanks for the info and pics.  Does the tint help reduce road glare, especially when it is sunny after a rainstorm?

rxrunner

• View Profile
    • Kymco Agility 125
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2012, 05:57:25 AM »
There hasn't been a lot of sun to test this out (Seattle weather), but yes, it does actually allow you to duck under it and fight off any glare. I have a hill I crest that faces the rising sun, and it works. It's actually really nice to have the shield, slide back a bit, a bit of lean, put my feet on the passenger pegs and cruise along. I usually look over the top of the shield, but it actually is just fine to look right through it. For me, it makes the scooter feel a little more substantial.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()