Author Topic: DT300i White Paint Color Code  (Read 5646 times)

bdrannik

• Southwest Florida USA
    • View Profile
DT300i White Paint Color Code
« on: May 26, 2012, 11:23:12 PM »
Before mounting a Givi E55 box to the rear of my white 2011 DT300i, I decided to have it custom painted to match the body.  My local Kymco dealer called Kymco USA and was given a Honda paint code which I then brought to my local Honda autobody shop along with the Givi box and one of my scooter body panels to check the color match.  

Unfortunately the code provided was not a very good match (I don't have this color code with me at the moment as I'm out of town) so they scanned the body panel that I brought along using their high-tech paint matching scanner thingy.  Their paint scanner said to use Honda paint code NH717P "White Diamond Pearl" which is from a 2012 Honda Odyssey Touring Elite.

The Honda NH717P color code came out to be an exact match.  I've held one of the original Downtown body panels up to the Givi box and everyone that I've showed it to all said that they could not imagine it being any more close.  This was sprayed using DuPont brand paint.

This is a very difficult paint to apply perfectly as it is a tri-stage paint.  The first stage is the base color, the second stage is the pearl/metallic, and the third stage is the clear coat.  The second stage (pearl/metallic) is by far the most difficult because the number of passes of pearl/metallic for a match will vary depending on the spray gun being used.  The paint shop did 6 test spray stripes and then compared the test strips to my body panel - for their spray gun they needed 2 passes/sprays of the pearl/metallic to match - again this will vary depending on the paint spraying equipment used.

Here are a few comparison shots - the painted Givi panels are on the left and the piece on the right is one of my side panels from the scooter:

Original body panel on bottom, painted piece on top:

Brent
« Last Edit: May 27, 2012, 12:35:05 PM by bdrannik »
2011 DT300i - Givi Windshield - HID 5K Low/High Beams - LED Tail/Turn/License Bulbs - Front signal mirrors converted to running lights/signal - Dummy bulbs to LED 5K white running light/amber signals -  Givi E55 w/Admore LED Kit & custom paint - Scorpio SR-i900 Alarm - NGK CR7EIX - Amsoil Synthetics

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: DT300i White Paint Color Code
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2012, 11:39:37 PM »
Very nice post. This will help alot of guys trying to get it RIGHT!
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2012, 11:55:46 PM »
..thanks for sharing!...

..z's right, thats what makes this forum so successful..

8)
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

bdrannik

• Southwest Florida USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2012, 01:38:07 PM »
Thank for the nice comments..  I should have a few more informational tidbits to post when I get back to town - I don't have the camera with me so no photos of mods or projects in progress available at the moment.  Brent
2011 DT300i - Givi Windshield - HID 5K Low/High Beams - LED Tail/Turn/License Bulbs - Front signal mirrors converted to running lights/signal - Dummy bulbs to LED 5K white running light/amber signals -  Givi E55 w/Admore LED Kit & custom paint - Scorpio SR-i900 Alarm - NGK CR7EIX - Amsoil Synthetics

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2012, 07:08:08 AM »
I give you props just for doing the Picts alone. Never mind the right on advice. I have to battle the whole time to get things to work. Picts. and such.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Ckline3783

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2012, 12:39:21 PM »
I would like to do the same thing with the orange color.  Has anyone found a match?

bdrannik

• Southwest Florida USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2012, 04:07:08 AM »
I would like to do the same thing with the orange color.  Has anyone found a match?

Many autobody repair shops have the color scanner tool to give them a paint code to match - I would try that if you have one close.  Or just call around on the phone to see who has one nearby...

Brent

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()