Author Topic: Downtown 300i at Bike Night gathering...  (Read 5778 times)

bdrannik

• Southwest Florida USA
    • View Profile
Downtown 300i at Bike Night gathering...
« on: June 14, 2012, 06:26:56 PM »
Every Wednesday night a restaurant about 85 miles (137km) away from me has a Bike Night with a band playing music and cycle related vendors selling LED lights, detailing services, etc.  I decided to jump on the Downtown and go for a ride to the Quaker Steak & Lube in Pinellas Park / Clearwater, Florida.

On a typical Bike Night there are 400-500 bikes parked with up to 2500 passing through during the evening.  According to the security guard fellow I spoke with the busy nights have over 4000 bikes..

Last night it was a mix of about 70% V-twin cruisers, 20% metric sport bikes, 5% 70's/80's, 4.9% BMW/Ducati/etc, and .1% scooters..   :)   I counted at most only 6 scooters there at one time..  All the different "groups" seemed to get along with each other which was nice..

I arrived around 5PM and started taking some photos - it didn't get very busy until after 9PM when it was dark..

Many nice custom bikes such as these:

More showed up after dark - I can only catch about 25% of the parking area in any one photo:

And a few videos - the bike at very end (0:38) of first video has a Chevy 350ci (5.7 liter) V8 in it:

During the trip I had to cross the 4-mile long, 5% grade, 193ft above water Sunshine Skyway Bridge.  The Downtown was able to maintain 69mph up the grade, which was better than I expected. (I will not say what mph was reached going down the other side)    :D

« Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 05:20:55 AM by bdrannik »
2011 DT300i - Givi Windshield - HID 5K Low/High Beams - LED Tail/Turn/License Bulbs - Front signal mirrors converted to running lights/signal - Dummy bulbs to LED 5K white running light/amber signals -  Givi E55 w/Admore LED Kit & custom paint - Scorpio SR-i900 Alarm - NGK CR7EIX - Amsoil Synthetics

ChandlerScoot

• View Profile
Re: Downtown 300i at Bike Night gathering...
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2012, 07:59:46 PM »
Very cool! I was always curious to see what 5% grade looked like versus a flat surface. Great photos.
Simon
2009 Kymco Xciting Ri With no mods.

Pimpy1

• Mo Hoes Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2012, 11:35:40 PM »
Great pics and vids. Thanks for the share.
2011 Kymco Super 8 2t
2006 Kymco People 250

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2012, 11:49:07 PM »
Real nice.
The closest thing to that here are the 4 guys in mud trucks that hang out in front of the bar.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2012, 01:51:14 AM »
...wowww.....

..i gotta get another life..

..awesome post bdrannik!!!!
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

bdrannik

• Southwest Florida USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2012, 03:32:45 AM »
Thanks for your comments..  Are the videos playing fine for everyone?
2011 DT300i - Givi Windshield - HID 5K Low/High Beams - LED Tail/Turn/License Bulbs - Front signal mirrors converted to running lights/signal - Dummy bulbs to LED 5K white running light/amber signals -  Givi E55 w/Admore LED Kit & custom paint - Scorpio SR-i900 Alarm - NGK CR7EIX - Amsoil Synthetics

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2012, 03:36:36 AM »
..vids are crisp and clear on my end!!!
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2012, 03:39:58 AM »
Thanks bdrannik for the sharing!!!! The most important thing here is that bikers are bikers from one riding a 50cc scoot to a V8! No such thing as a real or not-real bike!  ;)   

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2012, 04:50:57 AM »
Hell! They were all pointing, and laughing. ;D

I agree with slinger too... Gotta get another life... This is right up the road from my house...

This is what Carrabelle life is.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2012, 05:09:36 AM »
Hell! They were all pointing, and laughing.

« Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 05:22:09 AM by Vivo »

bdrannik

• Southwest Florida USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2012, 05:35:13 AM »
Hey!  If they are going to be offering "Trohpies" for the winners I'm going to have to get into this sport!  (See right half of Zombie's second video photo)   So is a Trohpie more like an apple pie or pumpkin?

« Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 05:39:18 AM by bdrannik »

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2012, 05:46:18 AM »
A double stacked case of Natural Light. That's about it for trophies... They used to give old bowling trophies but people would just trade them for beer anyway.

bdrannik

• Southwest Florida USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2012, 05:51:09 AM »
A double stacked case of Natural Light. That's about it for trophies... They used to give old bowling trophies but people would just trade them for beer anyway.

According to the ad for the mudbog event, no trophies will be given out, only "trohpies".

I think I'm contributing to the delinquency of my own thread - it's gotten off-track..  :)
« Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 05:54:34 AM by bdrannik »

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2012, 05:56:12 AM »
I would report myself to the modulator. Just don't let it happen again... ;D

bdrannik

• Southwest Florida USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2012, 05:57:59 AM »
..vids are crisp and clear on my end!!!

Thanks - I've inserted quite a few photos but I am new at linking to videos.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()