Author Topic: Scooters in Mexico  (Read 1157 times)

bleys

• Ride what you like, not what other's like.
    • View Profile
Scooters in Mexico
« on: September 05, 2013, 01:08:30 PM »
Just got back from vacation in Mexico - along the Riviera Maya.  Beautiful place - wish I had a way to take my scooter.  Saw literally hundreds of scooters and small displacement motorcycles.  Many of the motorcycles were old classics.  I also saw a lot of old Symbas and Cubs.  However, all of the newer scooters appeared to be Chinese brands and this was especially true of the rentals.  Still it was interesting to see people on 50 cc scoots driving them from Cancun to Tulum along the highway - a distance of about 75 - 80 miles!
Bill
Pawtucket, Rhode Island
2009 Xciting 250Ri - gone :(
2014 Honda CTX700N

Pimpy1

• Mo Hoes Power
    • View Profile
Re: Scooters in Mexico
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2013, 02:11:30 PM »
I love riding my Super 8 50 for long rides when i have the time. A few weeks ago I drove from the Myrtle Beach area to Charlotte NC. Was over a 200 mile ride. Took me over 8 hours. I pissed a lot of people off along the way going 30mph up hills.
2011 Kymco Super 8 2t
2006 Kymco People 250

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2013, 08:47:32 PM »
Check out this guy's videos  --- he  very nearly inspired me to buy a Honda Metropolitan for my first scooter.
My dealer had a pretty one sitting next to a Yamaha Vino just down the row from the Kymco LIKE's . I spent more time sitting on that great seat of the little Metro - very comfy and great suspension travel even with my 250lbs. Family and salesmen talked me out of the Metro ---- man I wish they made a 125 or 150cc in the Metro line.
This guy goes everywhere on his Metro! My kind of scooter rider - slow and patient and goes everywhere in all kinds of weather! Scooter Hero!

Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

• 09' Peoples 200, NJ
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2013, 11:28:17 PM »
I often dream of moving to MX. Opening a scooter shop would be an easy way of getting started in a business, if it didn't work out you could always sell your inventory and get back some of your cash.

Oh, Mexico, sounds so sweet I just got to go. JT
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties either expressed or written and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use, the author is not responsible for your inability to understand logic, ambiguous references, sarcasm, the imaginary friends living inside my head or William Shatner

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()