Author Topic: Engine Noise with youtube exampele to hear  (Read 2039 times)

linzyfamily

• View Profile
Engine Noise with youtube exampele to hear
« on: September 05, 2013, 03:31:45 PM »
hello,

love my agility, but i've got a sound!!!  Before i take it to the shop anyone got any ideas?

Here is the youtube where you can see and hear.

its a 2007 wiht 16000 kilometers...

Thanks!
Ed

MrKymco

• View Profile
Re: Engine Noise with youtube exampele to hear
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2013, 08:52:42 PM »
this is most likely not the best forum to ask in. ask in  "General Discussion"  and get more replies. and search other forums, or sign up and ask. because this isn't the busiest or most helpful board around. its a very small community it would seem

the Agility is not unlike most scooters in design and components so a busier board or a bit of online research might be of help. sure the problem isn't unique to a Kymco

i couldn't tell you anything, sorry. not familiar with that at all. i hear what you hear but don't know wtf it is? good luck, maybe someone will come along who can help lead you in the right direction concerning the problem itself
« Last Edit: September 08, 2013, 12:54:19 AM by MrKymco »
scoots!

emanuel_v19

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2013, 12:11:17 AM »
have you figured out what the problem is?

linzyfamily

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2013, 01:31:20 PM »
have you figured out what the problem is?

No I have not.  I keep riding it for some stupid reason i guess. 

I email Kymco and they said this:
<Q>The sound is not something definitive..meaning, we can't tell the problem, just by listening to the video.

It appears you may be missing some bolts on your exhaust, which could be the problem.  Our suggestion would be to take the fan cover off to see if you can determine any missing or loose parts causing the issue.  Only other suggestion would be to take to an authorized KYMCO dealer for inspection / diagnosis.
<EQ>

They exhaust pipe is on rock solid at all points.... i did check that.

Got any ideas?

« Last Edit: September 20, 2013, 01:34:01 PM by linzyfamily »

PeTroL42

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2013, 08:04:27 PM »
This thread is a little old but I think I know what that noise is.

It might be that the nut that holds the flywheel came loose.

I dropped a screw behind the stator of my Super 8 so I had to remove the flywheel to get to it.  After I got everything back together, I took the scoot for a test ride and everything seemed fine until I got back home, put the scoot on it's center stand and revved the throttle.  I found that I had a knocking noise so I took the fan assembly apart and found that the flywheel nut was loose.  I guess I didn't have my impact wrench on the nut long enough so the second time around, I held my impact wrench on the nut for a while to make sure it was on tight.  This cured the problem.

That sound your scoot is making sounds really similar to what mine sounded like so I suggest checking the flywheel nut. 

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()