Author Topic: How many miles on your Kymco scooter ?  (Read 16909 times)

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
How many miles on your Kymco scooter ?
« on: September 14, 2013, 07:12:28 PM »
Curious about how long scooters last.
Please drop a quick note here.
How many miles , what year and what kind of a Kymco, please.
If you have the time : any major issues?
If  you have another kind of scoot as well, same/same on those?

Thanks, Stig
« Last Edit: September 15, 2013, 09:57:46 PM by Stig »
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

blue

• View Profile
Re: How many miles on your Kymco scooter ?
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2013, 11:12:48 PM »
agilty50 2007 40.000 km miles plus. I now have a new motor in it so its now a wildfire kymco scoot LOL................Or kymco wildfire.

Momma bear

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2013, 12:10:50 AM »
Red Like 200i  July 2012  got it new. 1657 miles except for the tire and rim out of round nothing. Met a guy on a People 300 that had 18000, said he just did maintanence and tires.
People300i

TroutBum

• 2012 Like 200i (sold)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2013, 02:08:44 AM »
2012 Ivory Kymco 200i Like. Just reached 5,206.7 miles. Purchased July 28, 2012. One of the air cleaner mounting bolts vibrated loose. Easy enough to replace. Used Loctite blue to keep the bolt from vibrating loose. Clock/Date doesn't always work properly. Date will advance several days and at times show 0 as the month. When this happens I cannot change the month setting just the day. Clock at times will show the hour of 12: as 00:. This can go on for the entire month or days before correcting itself. Other than that the Like works fine.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2013, 06:09:36 AM by TroutBum »

MrKymco

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2013, 08:40:25 AM »
over 17,000 on Agility 125, '09

no issues at all, routine maintenance which is simple, easy, and even cheap if you DIY or have a guy around who knows scooters. order some parts and tune it up, replace belt, check valves....i did my own brakes for the first time with the help of this fine forum

thanks Vivo, and everyone who helped me  ;D

its been a good scooter. i have replaced small things along the way like the fuse and the headlight bulb and one turn signal bulb. it has its second battery in, and the air filter is new. i changed the cdi, too. just because i could and thought it preventive maintenance. i will bleed the brakes or have it done next time the brakes need work

its not really seen a shop much. for tires and a front rotor. its been a low maintenance scooter, really. still runs well with the 17,XXX miles on it. near 18,000, now

scoots!

Mscmkr

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2013, 09:32:38 PM »
2013 Like 200i with 198 miles on it. So far running nice and smooth. Had a small issue with it backfiring a few times but that seems to have stopped. 40mph and its smooth as silk and nice and quiet.

Ride safe, mscmkr

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2013, 09:53:08 PM »
2013 Like 200i with 198 miles on it. So far running nice and smooth. Had a small issue with it backfiring a few times but that seems to have stopped. 40mph and its smooth as silk and nice and quiet.

Ride safe, mscmkr
Backfiring!?
That is the first time I've heard that mentioned with a Kymco scoot!
The only time I had that happen with an otherwise healthy engne was going down a mountain pass in the Rockies in a VW Beetle- foot off the gas - the altitude changed the timing.. Hm.
Water in the gas?
Glad it cleared itself.

Oh yes, 2900 miles on my 2012 LIKE 200i - if there was ever a problem with it I've forgotten!
« Last Edit: September 15, 2013, 09:55:34 PM by Stig »
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

klaviator

• Huntsville, Alabama
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2013, 02:14:17 PM »
2009 Super 8 150 - bought new late in 2010
12,800 miles
The following problems occurred in the first 2 years and were fixed under warrantee:
A couple of minor trim pieces fell off
Slight leak from final drive
chaffed electrical wire near battery
More recently the fuel gauge failed
I have done all my own servicing including:
Oil Changes
Valve adjustments every 2500 MI
replaced Belt, rollers & sliders at around 7,000 miles
Rear tire replaced at 8500 miles, still have original front.

Oh yeah, low sided it at around 40MPH.  Picked it up and continued riding.  Very little damage - it's a tough little scooter.

After 12800 miles it still runs as good as new and I have not babied it.  I would not hesitate to buy another Kymco.

I also have a 2009 Aprilia Sport City 250 bought new in 2011
17,170 miles
My only problem has been a leaking fork seal

And the fact that it eats rear tires - I'm on my 5th rear tire

It requires less routine servicing than my Kymco but doing it is much more of a PITA.

« Last Edit: September 18, 2013, 02:19:15 PM by klaviator »
I Ride Therefore I Am

Rocket City, Al

big blue

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2013, 03:50:10 PM »
I have 3000 miles on my 2012 Like 200i LX and no issues other than the weird clock/calendar thing that Troutbum mentioned. I have done my own maintenance since the 1500 mi. service which saves money and is actually fun and easy. The scoot still runs smooth and reliable and looks great. I still get compliments on it even from Harley owners. I have recommended Kymco to others who have asked me about it and scooters in general.

Len
2012 Kymco Like 200i LX (Sold)  Salem, Oregon USA

loganhes

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2013, 03:55:33 PM »
I have a 2011 Super 8 150cc with approx. 5,300 miles on her. She has never broken down or had any problems and she runs awesome. Some jerk knocked her over in the parking lot of a grocery but no major damage...just a few scratches and a broken brake lever.

--Jim     
150cc Kymco Super 8

Indy21

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2013, 05:06:23 PM »
155 miles....so far

2009 People S 125

State Farm wanted to know about how many miles I plan on putting down in a year, I guessed about 1000...I think I might do a little more than that! LoL

Hell, I've had it for a week and a half and have already put down 150!

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2013, 08:33:23 PM »
155 miles....so far

2009 People S 125

State Farm wanted to know about how many miles I plan on putting down in a year, I guessed about 1000...I think I might do a little more than that! LoL

Hell, I've had it for a week and a half and have already put down 150!

(I'm gonna digress here like heck. I really like these Peoples. Tell us/me more about your new scoot and its purchase (if i'm not being too nosey) Favorite things about the scoot - price paid - dislikes, etc. Pictures available?) Is this hijacking a thread?! -I'm probably not the only one who likes Peoples! It's a scooter - we all like/talk scoots here!
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

Bubba

• 2012 Agility 50. 72cc Big Bore Kit,
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2013, 08:46:56 PM »
2012 Kymco Agility 50 I have 900 Miles on her. I also Put on a 72cc BBK, Leo Vince Exhaust, Lighter Roller Weights. Im about to put on a 20mm Carb. But ive done the oil changes myself. Just put on a new belt last month. Only Problem i have it getting a new carb bowl gasket.

Indy21

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2013, 09:55:54 PM »
(I'm gonna digress here like heck. I really like these Peoples. Tell us/me more about your new scoot and its purchase (if i'm not being too nosey) Favorite things about the scoot - price paid - dislikes, etc. Pictures available?) Is this hijacking a thread?! -I'm probably not the only one who likes Peoples! It's a scooter - we all like/talk scoots here!

Well, too make a somewhat long story short and to not derail this thread entirely, out of respect for the OP, here goes.

Basically, I've been wanting a bike for upwards of 10 years or more but time (AKA Family), tight budgets/bills haven't really afforded me the opportunity to get something of my own, I'm a pretty patient person though. =)

I spotted a local drawing online for a scooter at a downtown festival and put what I had (reasonably available) into the pot...AND WON!

It couldn't have worked out any better, I've been wanting a bike and didn't really have the money for one at the moment and I had been flipping through magazines and online articles about scooters for the past several months just dreaming of maybe purchasing a cheaper alternative to a 'motorcycle' just to be able to enjoy RIDING PERIOD!!

I was to the point that I didn't care what it was! As long as I could propel foward on two wheels by a motor.

So, favorite things about the scooter = It's a SIMPLE machine and it's brand new (well 2009 with 5 miles on it originally). I think that it's the perfect starter bike for me. New, so no initial problems (knocks on wood). Nothing to really learn, just twist and GO! It's perfect for the town I live in, I can pretty much get to anywhere I want to go within 30 miles without even thinking of jumping on an interstate, not that I would. Plenty fast for where I ride, in some neighborhoods maybe a little to throttle happy at times, gotta watch myself.

Price I paid? Well, truthfully around 200 bucks in raffle tickets at 5 bucks a pop. Yeah I really wanted it, as I was for certain the wife wasn't going to agree that we had in the budget for a new 'toy' anytime soon. Paid $33 in taxes for the 'prize'. State Farm full coverage $24 a month. Haven't had the chance to get downtown yet to get it tagged, hopefully soon if work will leave me alone long enough. Not bad eh?

Dislikes? None really so far. Let's see....dust? I like keeping her cleaned down, maybe a little too much, lol. Storage may be another small nitpick but I've never had anything against throwing on a backpack, and my biggest load so far underneath the seat was a half gallon jug of milk, loaf of bread and a 20oz soda with a little room left to spare. Was surprised that a bottle of wine would fit in there! One last thing, when I'm sitting outside having a cup of coffee and staring at the bike I just can't help but think up ideas of what to do to her next! I think dammit....it's TOO SIMPLE, lol. I like to tinker and modify things but not to the point of ridiculousness. So far I have in mind to activate the front panel blinkers and ditch the signal stems, add a taller screen and tint it a little, and this would be a big one but I'd like to powdercoat the wheels black. Mostly little cosmetic mods here and there. Always wish for more speed but really it's plenty for what I want/need it for, pinned the throttle back the other day on a long flat and got it to 56mph per my GPS app on my phone. Not bad.

So that's about it in a nutshell I reckon. I love the bike and ride it to work everyday and run all my wife and in-laws errands now with a smile on my face rather than being smug in the old car, lol.

Will try and post a pic, hope it works.

This is the picture that they took at the festival of the boys and myself seconds after we won. Good times. (And that's the face I make when trying to chew lunch, handle kids and be excited all at once.)

« Last Edit: September 18, 2013, 09:57:35 PM by Indy21 »

feebleknievel

• View Profile
    • Kickin Country hITS
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2013, 11:55:05 PM »
2011 DT 300 i ....7,187.2

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()