Author Topic: gratitude  (Read 4479 times)

BigOrange

• View Profile
gratitude
« on: September 14, 2013, 07:46:56 PM »
I have been having scooter envy lately and I wanted to buy a used Burgman or Tmax and size up from my current 2009 XC 500ri.  I ride my scooter to work on Friday and Saturday.  Today I logged about 60 miles and this scooter is awesome.

I might think that I want something different more powerful or newer.  When I think that I should go an appreciate how awesome the riding experience is on the Xciting 500.  It is a pure joy to scoot across town on good and bad roads and every time I park in the driveway I am grateful of the joyful, effortless grace with which this bike allows me to travel.

Every time I ride I am reminded that two wheels is freedom and my mind is clear at the end of the journey.

I wish I could ride more and drive less!
2009 Xciting 500i White!
2007 Xciting 250 Orange!

sissy mary

• View Profile
Re: gratitude
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2013, 11:20:13 PM »
I agree. I tell everyone how great this bike is. Comfort, ease of handling do to low center of gravity. No clutch. I tour on it like it is a gold wing. 50 plus MPG, huge seat, multi possitions for feet and so on. Know one believes me, most people kind of roll their eyes and think I am just talking up my bike because I own one.

sissy mary

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2013, 11:35:02 PM »
(computer went back to forum in middle of my post)? Continued, then I tell them of the 2 trips from Arizona to Michigan. Several 700 mile days, and 1 day at 1,004! This shuts them up big time because I know none of them have even done a 200 mile day, let alone a 500 mile day. I am not bragging, it's just the truth. I normally do not say anything about my bike, I just show up and ride. But there is always one a-hole who thinks he can rag on the scooter guy and make himself look like a big man on his 1,100LBS,  $30,000, 26 MPG wingy dingy or HOG. When you lean over and take a look at their odometer that normally reads something like 5-6'000 miles, and the bike is 5 years old, make sure they see you look at it, and then turn, look them in the eye and smile.  :) ;) :D ;D 8) ::) :P :-* Or blow them a kiss. :-*

Scumeda3

• I drive a 2009 Xciting Ri
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2013, 12:04:30 AM »
Well said BigOrange.  I could not say it any better than you.  I feel the same way.  The only thing I might consider when mine has many more miles on it, is maybe a BMW 650GT or a MyRoad 700.  And even then, I lean toward the 700 seeing how easy it is to maintain the 500.  Good luck with yours.

BigOrange

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2013, 03:22:07 AM »
I rode the Myroad 700 today.  It is pretty cool.  It is a very large bike and feels very manageable. It is a little top heavy at low speeds and crazy fast.  It is also has alot more power and makes very little noise delivering that power. 

The darn thing is almost silent.  I said it is a big bike however it is very easy to put on the center stand and the underseat storage is cavernous.  I could fit 2 helmets and a half shell underneath.

It feels and looks more refined.  Not kind of more refined.  I mean more refined everywhere.  It has a very relaxed riding position and is fast as hell.  Mirrors are big, wind protection is good, gauge cluster is great and readable, Fast, storage, quiet.

My only complaint is it might be too quiet. It is a competitor with the other 10k maxiscoots.

2009 Xciting 500i White!
2007 Xciting 250 Orange!

sissy mary

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2013, 11:35:46 PM »
Big O, who has one on the floor to give test rides? :-*

BigOrange

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2013, 01:14:19 AM »
Scoot Over in Tucson.
2009 Xciting 500i White!
2007 Xciting 250 Orange!

Greg H

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2013, 04:27:27 PM »
Maxi-scooters are still a rare sight in South Africa as many still suffer from the 'men only ride proper bikes' syndrome. I get a lot of questions about my scoot, the main one being "Is that a 500cc scooter?". I also enjoy going to the shop without a backpack to put my shopping into as most stuff can go under the seat or in the top-box. It is also great to be in the right gear at all times and power being just a twist of the right hand away. The seating position is great too and one can even ride in a suit if necessary without damaging one's shoes changing gears. Two wheels is definately what freedom is about and it sharpens the senses as well. For me, 500cc is the perfect size, even if a little heavy on fuel around town. I can't wait to get some touring done in the near future. Automatic transmissions have become the norm in sports cars and it won't be long before bikes go the same way.

wakeupmaggie

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2013, 02:24:19 PM »
(computer went back to forum in middle of my post)? Continued, then I tell them of the 2 trips from Arizona to Michigan. Several 700 mile days, and 1 day at 1,004! This shuts them up big time because I know none of them have even done a 200 mile day, let alone a 500 mile day. I am not bragging, it's just the truth. I normally do not say anything about my bike, I just show up and ride. But there is always one a-hole who thinks he can rag on the scooter guy and make himself look like a big man on his 1,100LBS,  $30,000, 26 MPG wingy dingy or HOG. When you lean over and take a look at their odometer that normally reads something like 5-6'000 miles, and the bike is 5 years old, make sure they see you look at it, and then turn, look them in the eye and smile.  :) ;) :D ;D 8) ::) :P :-* Or blow them a kiss. :-*

I love your post here. 

I can't even get my son or husband to take the scoot for a ride.  The are both harley riders.  My husband took my scoot out the first day I had it and it shocked him now fast it was on the take off!  So he told my son and now he's afraid to take it for a ride.  Either they are afraid of the scoot or they are afraid of what I'd do to them if they dump it!  :)  Probably the latter.
Somerset County, New Jersey
DT300i

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2013, 02:53:44 AM »
I love your post here. 

I can't even get my son or husband to take the scoot for a ride.  The are both harley riders.  My husband took my scoot out the first day I had it and it shocked him now fast it was on the take off!  So he told my son and now he's afraid to take it for a ride.  Either they are afraid of the scoot or they are afraid of what I'd do to them if they dump it!  :)  Probably the latter.

They are afraid the scoot won't match their outfits...    ;D

sissy mary

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2013, 07:54:17 AM »
If you ride a scooter (by law), your not allowed  to dress like a pirate any more.  ;) :D :-*

Vanceman201

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2013, 01:55:36 PM »
To WakeUpMaggie, Vivo, and Sissy.....I just had to laugh reading your posts.  I have two bikes at present.  A sweet 1992 Honda ST1100 and a 2007 X500.  I ride the X500 most of the time.  I live in Western North Carolina...which has to be home to some of the best riding in the country.  Nice, moderate-speed hills, curves, and straight stretches on country roads...as I ride 30 minutes of gorgeous terrain to the Blue Ridge Parkway.  Motorcycle heaven.

A few years back I was riding with a big group...Hondas, Triumphs, BMW's, etc...and one Harley.  One the way back home after a weekend outing, the Harley guy wanted to stop by a Harley Rally being held in a nearby mountain town.  At a gas stop he went from guy to guy asking for someone to takeover carrying his luggage back to town for him.  His reason?  He said there's no way he could show up at the Harley event carrying a "blue" bag.  I thought I was gonna pee my trousers.  I don't rag on "anyone" who is on two wheels, but, some folks just don't respect the rest of us if we don't cave in to letting what we ride dictate what our personality is. 

Another thing I've concluded.  At least where I ride...it's a well known fact that Harley riders, in general, refuse to wave at the rest of us not riding HD's...or being in flat-black gear on a 90 degree, sunny day.  I've always thought that this refusal was
just plain goofy.

Then, I figured it out.  And, when I did I felt a bit sorry for them.
The reason that these guys don't wave is obviously because they're afraid to let go of the handle bars long
enough to do it.

"Don't believe any of what you hear and half of what you see."

BigOrange

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2013, 04:31:31 PM »
If you ride a scooter (by law), your not allowed  to dress like a pirate any more.  ;) :D :-*

The pirates wave in Arizona. The old ones always approach the same way.  They are looking down at the bike not at you and they are coveting the seat and they all ask to see how much room is under the seat.  When I show them the room for a full helmet and a half shell they make eye contact and look at the top case.  The next question is "How much can you fit in the Top case?  Two full face helmets or enough gear to last a week.  They look down again. "Whats this?  It is a parking break for when I leave it on the side stand.  Pirate says " You have a center stand too?"  Stating the obvious it is always on the center stand. Pirate does the math. (Helmet  and a half shell under the seat, + two helmets in top case+ 50+MPG + 2 wheels+ no shifting) How fast will it go?  I have hit 90.  It is happy at 75-80. Pirate says, "Two wheels is two wheels."  The last one asked me , "Does your old lady make you wear the lid?  I responded,  "No,  I got tired of eating bugs.

The XC 500 has 2 wheels an CVT, Hauls ass, gets 50+mpg,can carry a ton of gear and is dead simple to maintain.
2009 Xciting 500i White!
2007 Xciting 250 Orange!

CosmoKorny

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2013, 04:51:07 PM »
The pirates wave in Arizona. The old ones always approach the same way.  They are looking down at the bike not at you and they are coveting the seat and they all ask to see how much room is under the seat.  When I show them the room for a full helmet and a half shell they make eye contact and look at the top case.  The next question is "How much can you fit in the Top case?  Two full face helmets or enough gear to last a week.  They look down again. "Whats this?  It is a parking break for when I leave it on the side stand.  Pirate says " You have a center stand too?"  Stating the obvious it is always on the center stand. Pirate does the math. (Helmet  and a half shell under the seat, + two helmets in top case+ 50+MPG + 2 wheels+ no shifting) How fast will it go?  I have hit 90.  It is happy at 75-80. Pirate says, "Two wheels is two wheels."  The last one asked me , "Does your old lady make you wear the lid?  I responded,  "No,  I got tired of eating bugs.

The XC 500 has 2 wheels an CVT, Hauls ass, gets 50+mpg,can carry a ton of gear and is dead simple to maintain.

lol With great age comes great wisdom.   :)

Pirates wave in WI too.
Normal is boring.

2006 Kymco Xciting 250

wakeupmaggie

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2013, 06:52:23 PM »
lol With great age comes great wisdom.   :)

Pirates wave in WI too.

50/50 here in NJ.
Somerset County, New Jersey
DT300i

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()