Author Topic: Please Help 2012 Agillity 50 Need more speed???  (Read 2724 times)

Baller522

• View Profile
Please Help 2012 Agillity 50 Need more speed???
« on: September 18, 2013, 02:06:52 PM »
I just bought my 2012 Agility 50 about two months ago. My top speed is maybe 35 MPH. How can i get more speed? I am mechanically inclined but i have no idea how to work on scoots only cars. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2013, 02:11:03 PM by Baller522 »

tortoise

• View Profile
Re: Please Help 2012 Agillity 50 Need more speed???
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2013, 02:52:46 PM »
Which state?

Why did you NOT initially select a scooter that was actually suitable for your performance expectations?

Why do you consider the numerous previous discussions on this topic to be irrelevant?

Resolve

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2013, 04:06:56 PM »
As stated there are other topics on thsi.  just search, but since it is here you may want to confirm the scooter is derestricted.

johnson

• Johnson
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2013, 04:32:47 PM »
I think the question is. . .  Why buy a 50cc scoot and, expecting it to go as fast as a 125cc scoot, spend the money to make it go faster, when you could've spent the same extra $$$ and bought a 125cc scoot the first time? 
People S250 - 2007
Honda Metropolitan - 2002
Lance Cali Classic 125 - 2012
Peace Verona 2012 - sold
Lance Cali Classic 50 - 2011 - sold

wheelsoffreedom76

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2013, 06:52:31 PM »
http://www.scootertherapy.com/bosspage.html
http://www.scootertherapy.com/cdiboxcutpage.html

A #82 main jet for the carb is also part of unrestricting it. If you bought your scoot from the dealer, they should have gave you a bag with the smooth variator boss and a #82 main jet. If they did not, I would drop in and ask them for them. They may have installed them already too ( should see closer to 40-45 indicated mph once you get it broke in a little bit, if they did it already).

Bubba

• 2012 Agility 50. 72cc Big Bore Kit,
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2013, 07:47:46 PM »
Honestly I would just get a Big Bore Kit and run it that what I run on mine. [url]http://www.scrappydogscooters.com/139QMB_50cc_Performance.html]http://www.scrappydogscooters.com/139QMB_50cc_Performance.html
That site is where I got my BBK. Im also about to get a bigger Carb I would say the best bet is Get a BBK, Exhaust, Bigger Carb and head also a pod filter.

Baller522

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2013, 12:06:08 PM »
it is restricted and i dont want much more speed out of it maybe 5-10 MPH not looking to bore maybe just a simple jet change or boss change but like i said im completley new to scooters and i live in MD

Baller522

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2013, 12:09:46 PM »
http://www.scootertherapy.com/bosspage.html
http://www.scootertherapy.com/cdiboxcutpage.html

A #82 main jet for the carb is also part of unrestricting it. If you bought your scoot from the dealer, they should have gave you a bag with the smooth variator boss and a #82 main jet. If they did not, I would drop in and ask them for them. They may have installed them already too ( should see closer to 40-45 indicated mph once you get it broke in a little bit, if they did it already).

Thanks man they did put them in the bag i just had no clue what it was. Now ill have to install them and test the results. Also what grade of oil do i need to use for my first oil change? I have about 300 miles on it.

wheelsoffreedom76

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2013, 12:47:00 PM »
   Rotella 15-40 oil is a good choice, and it's like $3.48 a quart at walmart.

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2013, 01:38:00 PM »
to get the best out of your scoot u ned to do all 3
82 jet
drive boss
and cut the cdi box.

Baller522

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2013, 03:05:07 PM »
to get the best out of your scoot u ned to do all 3
82 jet
drive boss
and cut the cdi box.

I have read that cutting the CDI box on the 2012 model doesn't work. Also i read that cutting the CDI box makes it where your electric start doesn't work anymore. Would buying an aftermarket CDI do the trick?Are aftermarket CDI better than cutting the stock one?

Resolve

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2013, 03:40:56 PM »
Mines a 2011 and the place I got it from derestircted it. 

I know they 82 jet and CDI was cut. not sure as the smooth boss but I am sure that is in there.   Mine averages 38 to 41MPH on flats with no other mods depending on weather and wind.

As for people saying get bigger scooters to begin with that is nice in theory, but in my state you need a motorcycle lincense for anything over 50cc.  So with the 50cc I can just have regular license.  Granted most cops would not pull you over just to check license but they maybe an occassion that could occur (i.e. just happen to be speeding on bigger scooter or police check point which I have been through a couple in my car and they check your license.)  I heard of people getting citations and at least one person having their motorcycle impounded for not having the motorcycle licensing (they couldn't ride it home and no one to come get it).  Where I live in florida you also have to take a basic riders course before you can apply for motorcycle license so that is at least $200 for cheap one.  Also paying for new license.  Plus add in extra cost for the bigger scooter of a couple of hundred bucks.

Say on the low end you spend $500 more to get faster scooter that can do like 60mph thats great and legally drive it.  Or I can buy a 50cc and spend about $100 to $200 depending on parts and get 45 to 50 MPH and be happy and still have $300+ in my pocket. 

Besides I hope most people are like me and understand that 50ccs won't be super fast but would like to at least get them to work at their full potential and from what I have seen 45 to 50 seams reasonable with right components and still staying 50cc.

And if I need real speed I just drive my car.

Baller522

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2013, 03:47:01 PM »
Mines a 2011 and the place I got it from derestircted it. 

I know they 82 jet and CDI was cut. not sure as the smooth boss but I am sure that is in there.   Mine averages 38 to 41MPH on flats with no other mods depending on weather and wind.

As for people saying get bigger scooters to begin with that is nice in theory, but in my state you need a motorcycle lincense for anything over 50cc.  So with the 50cc I can just have regular license.  Granted most cops would not pull you over just to check license but they maybe an occassion that could occur (i.e. just happen to be speeding on bigger scooter or police check point which I have been through a couple in my car and they check your license.)  I heard of people getting citations and at least one person having their motorcycle impounded for not having the motorcycle licensing (they couldn't ride it home and no one to come get it).  Where I live in florida you also have to take a basic riders course before you can apply for motorcycle license so that is at least $200 for cheap one.  Also paying for new license.  Plus add in extra cost for the bigger scooter of a couple of hundred bucks.

Say on the low end you spend $500 more to get faster scooter that can do like 60mph thats great and legally drive it.  Or I can buy a 50cc and spend about $100 to $200 depending on parts and get 45 to 50 MPH and be happy and still have $300+ in my pocket. 

Besides I hope most people are like me and understand that 50ccs won't be super fast but would like to at least get them to work at their full potential and from what I have seen 45 to 50 seams reasonable with right components and still staying 50cc.

And if I need real speed I just drive my car.

The law is the same here in Maryland. I just drive mine to and from base which is like 7 miles. No motorcycle license and no motercycle safty course required for 49cc on base. That is the only reason i bought one in the first place instead of getting a ninja 250. We are also required to insure it and have a sticker instead of a tag. One time regesration sticker.

Resolve

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2013, 04:02:03 PM »
Here just need a tag but insurance not required, unless you get into an accident and cause property damage then state requires you insurance motorcycles/scooters.

If you derestrict you should see roughly 40mph again that all depends on elements weather and other things.  you can change some things like variator, which I haven't yet and gain roughly another 5mph so be about 45mph. those will run for knock off about $30- $40 to real deal stuff about $80 - $100. seen poeple changing cam and getting another rougly 5mph or so and those can run around $100 depending but I haven't really price searched those so maybe cheaper.  but if not scooter savvy you may want to research and wait on the cam thing especially if daily riding it.

these things will more free up pontential versus really adding any power.  so they normally don't require jet changing.

You can always add open filter intakes and exhaust.  but that will take time to get jetting correct and may have to try a few times.  and may not add extra speed but will help with acceleration and sustaining speed due to say elevation changes or winds.

THis is at least what I am finding in my research so someone can chime in a confirm or correct that if needed.   

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()