Author Topic: Impressed with low end pick up w/my stock LIKE  (Read 2324 times)

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Impressed with low end pick up w/my stock LIKE
« on: September 20, 2013, 01:17:04 AM »
You know, was thinking today as I ripped out of a big intersection, going up hill - with over a 1/4 ton on this stock 163cc engine it has pretty impressive acceleration between stop and about 40 mph!
Stock roller weights, etc., etc.
This little rascal snaps me away from stop lights with out resorting to WOT - it just goes - and the cars are behind me!
Don't know how much is left above 40mph - probably not much - but for urban riding on 25 to 40 mph streets this thing is a kick in the pants.
Just saying.....if you were thinking about buying one for urban scootin' - no freeways - you could do a lot worse than these LIKE 200i's and at $2600 new, you'd be hard pressed to match it.
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

tclhb

• View Profile
Re: Impressed with low end pick up w/my stock LIKE
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2013, 03:03:56 AM »
I've had the front wheel lift slightly while taking off before. Some of this is due to where I sit, which is the second half of the seat. Some of this is due to a motor with pretty decent torque. The first time it happened I was pretty surprised! I don't know if it was enough to be noticeable, but there was a motorcycle at the intersection who was looking at my scooter when I took off. If he did notice it I'm sure he was a little surprised too.
Tom. Huntington Beach, California

big blue

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2013, 03:17:54 AM »
Stig

I absolutely agree on the low end punch the Like has. In traffic I never feel  that I'm holding up the show. The power between 25 and 45 is there and usable and by the way 50 comes pretty quick too. I have ridden at 50-55 mph on the farm roads around here and it doesn't skip a beat. All in all a great little scoot for the bucks!  :D
2012 Kymco Like 200i LX (Sold)  Salem, Oregon USA

Croak

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2013, 08:45:43 AM »
I'm liking my Agility R16 200i more now that's it's starting to break in (it's at 630km now).  Out on the motorway, it gets up to 80KPH fast enough to put me ahead of most cars, with some reserve for passing. 

It's not as fast out of the hole as a co-worker's Peugeot Speedflight 100 (a 2-stroke 100cc), but then again that scooter is 20 kilos lighter and has 12" wheels in addition to the 2-stroke advantage.   But once past 40kph, the 163cc motor and taller wheels gives me a big big advantage.

I made the mistake of test riding a Piaggio Beverly 350 (BV350 in the US) yesterday though.  Puts 11.2 HP into perspective in a hurry.  :)  Then again, the Beverly is €6900 new, compared to €2700 for the Agility R16 200i.
Aprilia Tuono RSV 1000
Kymco Agility City 200i (R16)

de dee

• 2011 300i downtown 82,265 KM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2013, 01:39:57 PM »
  what did you think about the BV 350, we dont get a chance to test ride too often ,  the bv 350 was $5695.00 ,. here in canada

Croak

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2013, 04:28:35 PM »
  what did you think about the BV 350, we dont get a chance to test ride too often ,  the bv 350 was $5695.00 ,. here in canada

The one I rode was an ABS/TC version, hence the higher price, and keep in mind that Euro prices almost always reflect VAT (18-25% depending on country, it's "only" 18% here in Malta).

It hustles pretty well, weight isn't bad, it's much more solid feeling in every aspect than the Agility City, and it's dead sexy for a scooter.  Suspension is also much better quality stuff, since it's basically running mid-grade motorcycle spec components.  Did I mention it hustled?  It's not motorcycle fast, but it's considerably faster and torquier than the 200i, despite the extra 100 pounds of weight.

If I wasn't planning on supplementing my Kymco with a used large displacement "real" motorcycle (for the same price or less than the Beverly), this would be on my short list.  Do want to try out the BV250 or the Piaggio-powered Peugeot Geopolis 250  though, since those can be had at decent prices used here, and both come with the same good looks, big wheels, and top-shelf components.  The day after I bought my Agility for €2700, I saw a 2008 4,000KM Geopolis for sale for  €2400.  C'est la vie.

I think it's a very good looking scooter, and pretty sure Kymco's Agility City designer found some inspiration in its lines (along with the SportCity)
Aprilia Tuono RSV 1000
Kymco Agility City 200i (R16)

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()