Author Topic: My Like peed on the floor.  (Read 1752 times)

Mscmkr

• View Profile
My Like peed on the floor.
« on: September 21, 2013, 07:24:53 PM »
Hey folks, rode my scoot the other night for about a half hour not really pushing to much yet, still in the breakin period. Stopped and got gas then rode to the store. I filled it a little above that bar in the tank. Seems to fill pretty quickly so it went a bit beyond where I want it to. Got to the store and went in for about 30 minutes. When I came out I noticed there was a puddle of slightly green liquid under my scoot. It felt very slightly greasy and smelled like gas and radiator fluid. Was not a strong smell. Any ideas of what this might be?
     It's running fine. Smooth as silk and no changes since. I rode last night for about an hour and it ran great. A guy stopped and talked to me while I was checking out the fluid and said he didn't think it was anything important, maybe an overflow draining. Any info would be great.

Thanks and ride safe, mscmkr

big blue

• View Profile
Re: My Like peed on the floor.
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2013, 08:00:14 PM »
Just the fuel filler overflow tube no worries. It cannot be coolant because your scoot is air cooled. ;)
2012 Kymco Like 200i LX (Sold)  Salem, Oregon USA

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2013, 08:21:32 PM »
Next time your scoot pees on the floor rub its nose in it.....................lol........

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2013, 10:40:31 PM »
I'm thinking Mountain Dew from an American youth and Prestone from a '98 Dodge Caravan and petrol from, maybe, a Kymco, but probably not. Gasoline ain't oily unless you're riding a 2 stroke! And remember, one of the reasons you bought a LIKE was because it was aircooled and you no longer have to sweat the coolant leaks. (and the electronic fuel injection, dual disc brakes, dual rear shocks, etc.!)

I don't know, can you get a Mountain Dew in China? Maybe there's an old leaking can under your seat bucket left there by a fellow in the Kymco plant?
(I once found a Austrian beer bottle cap on the engine of my new, Austrian made, Volkswagen Vanagon. I know you can get a beer in the lunch room at a VW plant. I paid $18.5K for that bus, and was a little PO'd at first - then I laughed at the guy's sense of humor.)

Careful where you park, you get all that crap on your Kendas you'll have too much excitement pulling out of the lot!

I use a flash light, held away from the gas neck, to watch when filling. Easy does it - or. like one fellow suggested : get a gas can and fill your scoot at home when you can take your time. I did that for a time, then got tired of hauling around gas cans in a car.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2013, 10:44:44 PM by Stig »
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

kajungirl

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2013, 10:46:16 PM »
I almost always over fill and I have never noticed my like peeing on the floor.

big blue

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2013, 02:30:05 AM »
I've done it a couple of times.  It spills out. If it didn't it would fill up the under seat storage. Now that would not be good.
2012 Kymco Like 200i LX (Sold)  Salem, Oregon USA

TroutBum

• 2012 Like 200i (sold)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2013, 05:08:15 AM »
I overfilled once. It ran out onto the floorboard where the vent meets the floor board. Hosed it down for a few minutes to prevent the gas possibly damaging the plastic. What I have discovered is whenever I fill up and especially if filled into the neck I can shake the bike a little and the fuel level will drop. The tank appears to trap air, at least in my case.

• 09' Peoples 200, NJ
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2013, 06:26:30 PM »
If your air cooled you've got nothing to worry about, it was there when you parked.

My peoples has been filed by me to the tippy top many times and I've never seen any overflow.
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties either expressed or written and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use, the author is not responsible for your inability to understand logic, ambiguous references, sarcasm, the imaginary friends living inside my head or William Shatner

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()