Author Topic: 2014 Super 8 150cc Orange Color  (Read 5710 times)

bada

• View Profile
2014 Super 8 150cc Orange Color
« on: September 25, 2013, 05:39:29 AM »
Ssup guys~ Ordered it thru a dealer. It suppose to arrive next week. I am not thrilled about the new color scheme though.:-( Thinking about removing some stickers to start. Will upload a pic. or two.  Good day all~
« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 02:20:56 PM by bada »

PeTroL42

• View Profile
Re: 2014 Super 8 150cc Orange Color
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2013, 07:10:08 AM »
Nice, I hope you enjoy your Super 8.

Let us know how you like the ride.

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2013, 08:03:16 AM »
Nice, I hope you enjoy your Super 8.

Let us know how you like the ride.

I doubt if the ride has changed... the only thing I see that's different in the 2013 is the front plastic, instrumentation plastic, mirrors, and graphics... However, we still need bada's report to be sure if other things have changed...

Welcome bada and enjoy your ride... will wait for the pics...

PeTroL42

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2013, 06:51:01 PM »
I was just asking him how he likes the ride, I wasn't assuming that the feel of the bike has changed but now that you mention the styling refresh, it might be possible that Kymco soften the suspension a little since the ride is pretty stiff on the Super 8.

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2013, 01:19:02 AM »
Oh, my bad....  :)  However,... I like the stiff rear suspension because my wifey rides with me almost everyday... and lots of bad roads...  Also, the "ride" softened a bit when I changed to oversized tires with softer rubber compounds...
« Last Edit: September 27, 2013, 01:30:22 AM by Vivo »

bada

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2013, 03:58:55 AM »
Hi Petrol and Vivo,

Thanks for your remarks guys. Finally got the unit and peeled off some stickers and put the windshield on.
I like the scooter a lot. It's a all around a solidly built scooter. It suits my purpose of going around the neighborhood for errands and going on some back road cruising on weekends. So far the biggest issue I have is that going over bumps on high speed (40+ or so) is horrible. I already adjusted the shocks to the softest setting but still it's rough. On low speed it's not so bad. Anyway I am gonna have to look around for better shocks and perhaps try changing to the softer and bit bigger and wider tires also. 2014 unit came with tubeless tire so fixing a flat should be easy. I wonder if "gas shocks" maybe better.  I also noticed that the cushioning could be better on the seat itself. Other than the rough going over bumps on high speed I am loving it. :-)
« Last Edit: October 03, 2013, 04:01:36 AM by bada »

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2013, 07:23:30 AM »
Bada, when I changed to bigger tires with softer compound the ride improved a lot even with my stock shocks... Ride safe!

bada

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2013, 09:59:53 PM »
Bada, when I changed to bigger tires with softer compound the ride improved a lot even with my stock shocks... Ride safe!

Vivo, What kind and size of tires did you change to? I am wondering the maximum size tires I can put on for both front and back. 2014 stock came with 100/80/14 front and 120/80/14 rear.

tjupille

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2013, 10:37:37 PM »
On my wife's '09, I took the seat to a local guy who does auto upholstery. He cut a circle out of the seat pan near the front (as large as possible before you get to the ribbing that stiffens the seat pan -- looks like about 10" diameter) and then pop riveted in nylon webbing before putting the original foam back on and re-stapling the vinyl. That adds a noticeable amount of "spring"  to the seat where her butt sits, and drops the effective seat height by an inch or so.

I'd post a pic, but he put a cloth liner on the inside to pretty it up, so you can't see what was done.

bada

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2013, 12:05:02 AM »
On my wife's '09, I took the seat to a local guy who does auto upholstery. He cut a circle out of the seat pan near the front (as large as possible before you get to the ribbing that stiffens the seat pan -- looks like about 10" diameter) and then pop riveted in nylon webbing before putting the original foam back on and re-stapling the vinyl. That adds a noticeable amount of "spring"  to the seat where her butt sits, and drops the effective seat height by an inch or so.

I'd post a pic, but he put a cloth liner on the inside to pretty it up, so you can't see what was done.

Hi tjupille, That sounds like a good idea. I was thinking of putting some thick gel pads under the seat as well. But I really wish there is a shock that will be much better in going over bumps. :-(

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2013, 02:23:24 AM »
Bada, I have 110/70/14 up front and 130/70/14 rear... Some of my friends have 140 rear...

bada

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2013, 02:53:31 AM »
Bada, I have 110/70/14 up front and 130/70/14 rear... Some of my friends have 140 rear...

O.K. Take a look at this great shock review on Hagon shocks. I think this may be the solution for us as well.

http://www.enfieldmotorcycles.com/forum/index.php?topic=14299.0

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2013, 02:57:46 AM »
O.K. Take a look at this great shock review on Hagon shocks. I think this may be the solution for us as well.

http://www.enfieldmotorcycles.com/forum/index.php?topic=14299.0

Great find bada...!

PeTroL42

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2013, 04:08:51 AM »
Welcome to the Super 8 club Bada.

Yeah, the ride can be pretty stiff but that's what I like about my Super 8.  The stiffer suspension gives me more confidence when I take a corner.

The problem with trying to find a new set of shocks for scooters is the bottom mount.  Motorcycles use shocks that have an I-bolt on both ends of the shock but on our scooters, one end of the shock is an I-Bolt but the bottom end uses a U-Mount so you can't use a motorcycle shock unless you could find an adapter.  Also, finding a  scooter shock that is similar in length is a little tricky. 

What I might suggest is checking out the Kymco Movie 150 shock.  They look similar in size and since the Movie 150 seems a little less sporty than the Super 8, the ride might be a little softer.  You can try to call Kymco's toll free number and ask a representative if the ride on the Movie 150 is softer. 

And another suggestion is to follow the Engine Break-In procedure that your manual states.  You're not supposed to go over 1/2 throttle for the first 300 miles and then not over 3/4 throttle for the next 300 miles.  This helps with your engine's longevity.

Happy Riding!

bada

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2013, 04:01:28 AM »
Welcome to the Super 8 club Bada.

Yeah, the ride can be pretty stiff but that's what I like about my Super 8.  The stiffer suspension gives me more confidence when I take a corner.

The problem with trying to find a new set of shocks for scooters is the bottom mount.  Motorcycles use shocks that have an I-bolt on both ends of the shock but on our scooters, one end of the shock is an I-Bolt but the bottom end uses a U-Mount so you can't use a motorcycle shock unless you could find an adapter.  Also, finding a  scooter shock that is similar in length is a little tricky. 

What I might suggest is checking out the Kymco Movie 150 shock.  They look similar in size and since the Movie 150 seems a little less sporty than the Super 8, the ride might be a little softer.  You can try to call Kymco's toll free number and ask a representative if the ride on the Movie 150 is softer. 

And another suggestion is to follow the Engine Break-In procedure that your manual states.  You're not supposed to go over 1/2 throttle for the first 300 miles and then not over 3/4 throttle for the next 300 miles.  This helps with your engine's longevity.

Happy Riding!

Hi Petro. Thanks for the welcome. You are right. The U-shaped end of the shock makes it hard to find alternate shocks. Hmm. Shocks on the Movie 150 sound enticing. I should look into it. I am learning to use my knees as shocks more and more though. :-) As to breaking in, I have been using the "Ride-it-as-if-you-stole-it" method. I have no patience for the proper method. :-) One thing I noticed is that to scooter's speed tops out at 60mph. An extra 5mph is what I am looking for though. I wonder what will make it go to 65. I am thinking of putting in a little larger carburetor. Would gladly appreciate any thoughts. Best~

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()