Author Topic: Riding cross country  (Read 6026 times)

de-dee

• View Profile
Re: Riding cross country
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2013, 11:37:22 PM »
  I would think the downtown or the G T 300i would be the scooter for a cross country ride and back,.  lots of power in the mountains ,  and good MPG. over all,.  my best one day ride is 600 miles, from ottawa on. canada to manchester   N.H.  and that was befor I fixed the seat to my comfort ,   hell they might even have ABS in ten years,. and built in GPS,.  hello kymco canada and USA. get with it ,. slow pokes

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2013, 01:14:41 AM »
You guys are right...Size doesnt matter!!!... the more you lack things, the greater the experience...the greater the adventure... !!!  If you want comfort and convenience, might as well stay home... 08, do it on a scoot, grab some tees and extra pair of jeans, basic tools, some drinking water, money... a map maybe... then twist and go!  Make some stop-overs, meet locals, make new friends and maybe you can have free lunch...  ;) ;) ;)

wakeupmaggie

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2013, 03:31:27 PM »
The bags come with bungee cords and nylon straps. A sissy bar not needed.
I've strapped then to a rear rack w/bungle and to the seat using the nylon straps under the seat.

On my Cali Classic

Honda Helix

Silver Wing

Be Big
AMAC

Thanks, AMAC, especially for the photos.  They helped.
Somerset County, New Jersey
DT300i

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2013, 11:13:04 PM »
You guys are right...Size doesnt matter!!!... the more you lack things, the greater the experience...the greater the adventure... !!!  If you want comfort and convenience, might as well stay home... 08, do it on a scoot, grab some tees and extra pair of jeans, basic tools, some drinking water, money... a map maybe... then twist and go!  Make some stop-overs, meet locals, make new friends and maybe you can have free lunch...  ;) ;) ;)

Vivo, please advise these long distant travellers that I have the proper "basic" tool kit  - one kit which is  suitable for both inter-city and inter-continent scootering. I can over-night the list for a small fee (the "Basic Tool" list has been pared to a scant 16 pages)
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2013, 01:54:54 AM »
Vivo, please advise these long distant travellers that I have the proper "basic" tool kit  - one kit which is  suitable for both inter-city and inter-continent scootering. I can over-night the list for a small fee (the "Basic Tool" list has been pared to a scant 16 pages)

Stig, what I meant by "basic tools" is... maybe.. a pair of pliers, screw driver, spark plug wrench, and duct tape.... and, if the law permits, a .45 caliber colt commander....  ;)

AMAC1680

• Outdoorsman, Advocate, Paraplegic
    • View Profile
    • SEGS4VETS
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2013, 02:53:28 AM »

Basic tool kit.  ;D

Be Big,
AMAC
www.SEGS4VETS.org
2017 Lance Cali Classic 200i
2013 SYM RV200
2013 Kymco Downtown 300
2010 Lance Cali Classic-sold
1973 VW Dune Buggy
1974 VW Meyers Manx

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2013, 05:11:26 PM »
Stig, what I meant by "basic tools" is... maybe.. a pair of pliers, screw driver, spark plug wrench, and duct tape.... and, if the law permits, a .45 caliber colt commander....  ;)
Vivo,
I take more than that with me when I go to the fridge during time-outs !
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

• 09' Peoples 200, NJ
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2013, 11:41:03 PM »
Thanks guys for contributing to my dream/bucket list of ideas.

I don't know what came across me but the other day it just hit me, this is something I have to try. Will need a good list of tunes to pull me through when the time does come.
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties either expressed or written and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use, the author is not responsible for your inability to understand logic, ambiguous references, sarcasm, the imaginary friends living inside my head or William Shatner

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2013, 01:32:23 AM »
Thanks guys for contributing to my dream/bucket list of ideas.

I don't know what came across me but the other day it just hit me, this is something I have to try. Will need a good list of tunes to pull me through when the time does come.

08, my bucket list remains the same this past few years,... a small island cottage, a small boat, and lots of rum...  ;)

Stig, don't forget the plastic butter knife....

• 09' Peoples 200, NJ
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2013, 07:27:48 PM »
I'm thinking a min of 300 cc to make it over those rocky moutains, they are pretty big mole hills.
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties either expressed or written and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use, the author is not responsible for your inability to understand logic, ambiguous references, sarcasm, the imaginary friends living inside my head or William Shatner

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()