Author Topic: Foot pegs  (Read 2679 times)

DEPeople

• View Profile
Foot pegs
« on: August 09, 2009, 02:21:11 PM »
I'm 6'2", pretty big for this scooter. When alone, I have My butt on the back seat and I use the passenger foot pegs. I am positioned a lot like I would be on a sport bike and it works out very well for Me. I can assume the normal riding position to accomidate a passenger with no problems of My own, but My Wife can't reach the foot pegs. WTH? She is average height but She can barely stretch to touch the pegs with the tips of Her toes. It is an '06 model. Surely We can't be the first to have this problem. Does anyone have a good solution for this ?   :-\

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
Re: Foot pegs
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2010, 12:56:38 AM »
...wow...she must be a short shortie.....

;D
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

art

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2010, 05:12:26 AM »
 Wife's 5 feet flat and can get to the pegs,It can be quite funny to watch but she can do it. I do have to scooch a little more forword and stress HANG ON Tight! HA! The getting off is her nemisses,she has no rideing skills at all. Some day I hope to get her on her own.
Kymco peoples too many ;) I'm not an expert just a full time hobbiest.

Monoplex

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2010, 03:31:33 PM »
If you have a wide, um, set of taillights on you, your wife's legs are likely splayed and that's going to make it more difficult for her to reach the pegs.

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2010, 01:09:37 AM »
I use the passenger foot pegs. I am positioned a lot like I would be on a sport bike and it works out very well for Me.

..my brother from another mother....

;)
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

Monoplex

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2010, 02:55:30 AM »
I'm getting pegs custom machined to be roughly 2x longer or wider, depend on how they're orientated. Check the thread I started on this; I hope to have an answer back by the end of next week.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()