Author Topic: BE HAPPY IN YOUR STATE--IN NYC YOU NEED EVERYTING  (Read 5464 times)

axy

• View Profile
Re: BE HAPPY IN YOUR STATE--IN NYC YOU NEED EVERYTING
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2009, 09:01:19 AM »
I'd rather see a return to the Eisenhower top marginal income tax rates, first, but if the upside is free healthcare (freeing up 1/6th of the U.S. economy), yes -- I am all for any VAT needed over and above taxing the rich as they should be.

You guys in USA have no idea how lucky you are.
Here are the taxes on my salary:

- 17.2 % on top of gross salary for new employment and development of safety at work and insurance, paid by the employer
- 15 % from my gross salary for health care (free for all in my country - this is the only thing good compared to horror health care in the USA)
- 5 % from gross salary for pension fund (for my retirement, if I live enough and if the global economy does not collapse meanwhile)
- 15 % from gross salary for payment of social retirement for those currently retired
- 15, 25, 35 % income tax respectively from gross salary depending on the achieved salary cap
- 4 % of so called crisis tax from net salary - imposed just last month

- as I said, 23 % VAT on all goods and services with no exemptions

... and the rest is ALL MINE!  :( :o ???

I think if you put five monkeys in a cage to lead fiscal policy in this country they would invent a better system.
---
Kymco People GT300i 2017 ABS Euro4
Kymco Agility 125 2008

(Past: Kymco People 250S, Piaggio Beverly 200, Kawasaki ZR-7S, Yamaha TW125, Kymco Cobra Cross 50, Peugeot Zenith 50, Piaggio NRG 50 mc2 72 cc Naraku kit)

axy

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2009, 09:07:34 AM »
Oh yes. I forgot to say that every vehicle is considered to be a luxury here, so there is a special excise tax paid yearly, usually in the summer.

These excise taxes are decreased every subsequent year of vehicle's useful life and are not paid after ten years of age.

Furthermore, all registered bikes and scooters regardless of displacement are considered to be even more luxurious, so this tax is not lowered every year. So, you can have 10 year old bike 1000 cc bike that is good only for scrap yard and pay the same tax as if it was brand new.

Of course, there are special excise taxes on tobacco, alcohol, import of new and used cars... Cars and bikes cost around here approximately double than USA. I will give you an example.

Kawasaki Ninja 1400R in USA costs 12.000 US$ or less.
Here, 22.000 US$, because you have to buy one to the state in taxes and excises.

Said 'enuff.
---
Kymco Agility 125 2008

(Past: Kymco People 250S, Piaggio Beverly 200, Kawasaki ZR-7S, Yamaha TW125, Kymco Cobra Cross 50, Peugeot Zenith 50, Piaggio NRG 50 mc2 72 cc Naraku kit)

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2009, 01:19:27 AM »
HOLY C__P!!!  How's the weather?
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

axy

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2009, 08:47:03 AM »
HOLY C__P!!!  How's the weather?

California like.
---
Kymco Agility 125 2008

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2009, 03:01:38 PM »
There it is. Even w/ no money you still need a place to live! Might as well be nice.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

luc1992

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2009, 04:00:40 AM »
Actually, and correct me if i am wrong, i think in NYC if you have a 49cc capped at 30 miles an hour or less, (class b cycle) all you need is a learner's permit which means no practical test, only theoretical.

rgy

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2009, 02:10:35 PM »
Don't worry Comrade Obama will have our tax rates as high as europe's very soon.  Our health care will be ruined, our dollar worthless do to hyper inflation, and thugs on the street killing people like Somalia or like his voter base in Chicago who beat the honor student to death while filming it.  Very Very scary!!

winginman

• View Profile
    • Accugen DNA Service
« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2009, 02:18:16 PM »
Here in Kentucky you need all that for 50cc and over and capable of speeds over 30 MPH.  Kentucky does have a law that requires the operator to be 16 or over and have a operators license for a moped, car or motorcycle.  It is not enforced anywhere around where I live. That means we have tons of kids riding scooters around ignoring the traffic laws and with no helmets or protection.  Then the parents want to sue when the dumbass kid gets hurt.  I have even seen them take other scooters in the 100cc range and pull off the badge and slap a bike flag on it to pass as a 50cc so they don't have to have license or insurance.  It makes it harder on the rest of us because it gives the impression that scooters are more dangerous than motorcycles.  I would love to see them tighten up on these kids.

It doesn't help that there are dealers here who sell the Chinese junk scooters and actually tell parents that since it's on 50cc they don't need a license or anything...   

Jim
09 Kymco 500Ri (His)
04 Aprilia S500 (Hers)
01 Honda GL1800 (Ours)
DNA Paternity Testing www.accugendna.com

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2009, 01:11:27 AM »
I could not agree more! As an "adult" I would NEVER condone my children abuseing the law! As a scoot lover I can only say FTS, and FTP! When you are old enough to pay taxes, and live on your own...Make your own choices. If you live under MY roof... Do as I say, Not as I do! Not to get political, This is what's wrong w/ parents today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()