Author Topic: Front Pulley and Clutch Cover Removal - How?  (Read 1129 times)

Jim Moore

• View Profile
Front Pulley and Clutch Cover Removal - How?
« on: September 30, 2013, 09:38:38 AM »
Hi Guys,

I tried to do some PM on the bike yesterday. My bike has been a little jerky on acceleration lately, so I figured I'd pull to drive cover and take the front pulley and the clutch pack off and see if anything needed cleaning or replacing.

Well, that plan didn't work worth a crap. There was nfw I was getting either of those nuts off. I have a pretty extensive set of tools, and an active imagination, but I couldn't get those nuts off for the life of me. Rarely have I had my ass kicked so thoroughly in the garage. 

The manual mentions a flywheel holder. I figure I need one of those.  There seem to be  few on sale various places. Any suggestions on where to buy? Any other ideas to make this job easier / doable?

Thanks,

Vivo

• View Profile
Re: Front Pulley and Clutch Cover Removal - How?
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2013, 01:46:27 AM »
Yes, a holder will do but what I did was  I secured the wrench on the nut... and whacked the wrench with a steel hammer... like a poor man's impact wrench.....

Jim Moore

• View Profile
Re: Front Pulley and Clutch Cover Removal - How?
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2013, 06:18:15 PM »
Nice work, lol. I went down to Harbor Freight today and bought an electric impact wrench for $49.99. It may be my new favorite tool.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()