Author Topic: Agility City 150 - more power/speed possible?  (Read 1829 times)

ByF

• View Profile
Agility City 150 - more power/speed possible?
« on: October 01, 2013, 01:27:23 AM »
I got an Agility City 150 (I dunno if I got same engine as any of the other 150cc and should type in some of those sections instead?) that I feel could use both some more acceleration and top speed. I got two main questions:

1) Can I fix this without buying parts? Are there some plugs or so that makes it more tame or any adjustments one can do to spice it up a bit?

2) Are there any good suggestions to solve this (if possible) by buying parts, if so what should one aim for and where can I buy those parts?

I also have a follow-up question if it's possible to make the engine stronger. Are there any weak points in the motor, for example how much effect/tourque can the transmission take before it needs enhancements? Are there way to enhance this if needed?

Vivo

• View Profile
Re: Agility City 150 - more power/speed possible?
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2013, 01:39:55 AM »
Welcome to the forum...  For your first question, you can do this if you know how an engine operates... basically, you have air intake, fuel delivery, combustion, exhaust, and the transfer of power to the wheels (transmission) ...  If all are well tuned and efficient, you can achieve the optimum power without spending anything... Air filter is always clean and unrestricted, carburetor is tuned and clean, sparkplug is good, exhaust is unrestricted, rollers are good, and belt is good, cvt housing is clean, lubrication is fresh, etc.

For your next question, the first mod that may give a significant improvement are experimenting with different roller weights... lots of threads here in the forum... get the best weight suited for your needs...

ByF

• View Profile
Re: Agility City 150 - more power/speed possible?
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2013, 03:42:49 PM »
1) The roller changes can only change from stronger/slower to weaker/faster I guess? Or are there some mysterious construction that takes effect in some way so that you can find weights that gives both better acceleration and top speed? Does it change the transmission in it's ratio between in and out going axle? I haven't yet found any topic here that handles this.

2) So there are no plugs or anything on these engines that makes it more tame, and if removed I can gain power?

3) Are there any other solid solution to get more power, if so what? and where can one find parts?

4) Are there dangers in improving the powers, like can I ruin the transmission?

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()