Author Topic: Agility City 150 - Adjust steering laurel  (Read 2567 times)

ByF

• View Profile
Agility City 150 - Adjust steering laurel
« on: October 02, 2013, 03:35:36 PM »
It seems like my steering laurel is a bit loose and I'm not sure how to fix this without destroy plastics or anything alike. Anyone that can explain what I need to do and in what order? If you got images it would be even better of course if it's needed to explain :)

I've only found two screws on each side that seems like the ones I need to remove, in the image below I marked them with red and teal rings. The ones in red rings connect the front and rear plastics, and the one in teal holds the back plastics. Is it enough to loosen them? Or do I neet to loose handles also, or anything else?

Croak

• View Profile
Re: Agility City 150 - Adjust steering laurel
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2013, 04:11:21 PM »
First thing, take a small object (preferably something soft like an ink pen cap) and push in the four plastic pins holding the windscreen plugs in place, then remove the plugs by hand.  Set the windscreen and plugs aside.

Remove those four screws you circled, and then take a flat blade screwdriver along the seams where the matte  dash panel meets the gloss  fairing panel along the top to remove the clips.  There are more clips in the area the windscreen covers, do the same there.  Be careful not to scratch the soft matte plastic when doing this, and don't apply too much force or you risk breaking the clips, a little light prying and they should pop out easy. 

The front of the dash will now be partially loose.  You'll then need to remove the dash panel by angling the one of the "ears" (far right or left) past the mirror stalk (it's easier if you remove at least one of the mirrors, but be ready for rust to form where the wrench made contact).  You'll also need to lift the dash panel away from the switchgear while doing this, it becomes obvious once you're at this stage.  At this point the dash can hang loose in the footwell area.

There are two more screws holding the front fairing in place via a metal bracket, and near where the bottom two bolts are, the fairing is held in place by plastic tabs (gently pry those out), and the front fairing can be set aside.  You should have good access to the steering stem at this point, though there's a fair amount of wiring and brackets that might complicate things.

Reassemble in reverse order, and be sure to get everthing lined up and all the clips refastened, especially the ones in the recess where the windscreen goes, or you'll develop a nasty rattle.  Don't ask me how I know this.  :)  To get the plastic plugs for the windscreen ready, you'll need to pull the pins above the level of the outer plug (but not out of the plug entirely), then reinsert them, and give them a push with a finger until you hear and feel it lock, the pins should be flush at this point.

And as always, take your time, don't force anything, it's fairly cheap plastic and won't take much abuse.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 04:13:14 PM by Croak »
Aprilia Tuono RSV 1000
Kymco Agility City 200i (R16)

ByF

• View Profile
Re: Agility City 150 - Adjust steering laurel
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2013, 05:09:45 PM »
First thing, take a small object (preferably something soft like an ink pen cap) and push in the four plastic pins holding the windscreen plugs in place, then remove the plugs by hand.  Set the windscreen and plugs aside.

Remove those four screws you circled, and then take a flat blade screwdriver along the seams where the matte  dash panel meets the gloss  fairing panel along the top to remove the clips.  There are more clips in the area the windscreen covers, do the same there.  Be careful not to scratch the soft matte plastic when doing this, and don't apply too much force or you risk breaking the clips, a little light prying and they should pop out easy. 

The front of the dash will now be partially loose.  You'll then need to remove the dash panel by angling the one of the "ears" (far right or left) past the mirror stalk (it's easier if you remove at least one of the mirrors, but be ready for rust to form where the wrench made contact).  You'll also need to lift the dash panel away from the switchgear while doing this, it becomes obvious once you're at this stage.  At this point the dash can hang loose in the footwell area.

There are two more screws holding the front fairing in place via a metal bracket, and near where the bottom two bolts are, the fairing is held in place by plastic tabs (gently pry those out), and the front fairing can be set aside.  You should have good access to the steering stem at this point, though there's a fair amount of wiring and brackets that might complicate things.

Reassemble in reverse order, and be sure to get everthing lined up and all the clips refastened, especially the ones in the recess where the windscreen goes, or you'll develop a nasty rattle.  Don't ask me how I know this.  :)  To get the plastic plugs for the windscreen ready, you'll need to pull the pins above the level of the outer plug (but not out of the plug entirely), then reinsert them, and give them a push with a finger until you hear and feel it lock, the pins should be flush at this point.

And as always, take your time, don't force anything, it's fairly cheap plastic and won't take much abuse.

Thank you for a very well formulated answer, I'll look into it some day when I got time and daylight :)

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()