Author Topic: I'm sad,mad and confused  (Read 4452 times)

The moped learner

• View Profile
I'm sad,mad and confused
« on: October 02, 2013, 09:13:26 PM »
Well let me start here before I changed the boss it said I was going 30mph well that was alittle slow so I Change the to the smooth boss and it Said I was going 40mph well that's much better but I use my dads iPhone that has a speedometer on it and it recorded my top speed well this was shocking it SAID I WAS GOING 30MPH well dos that mean before changing the boss I was going 20mph SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME oh should I think changing the boss a wast of time

• 09' Peoples 200, NJ
    • View Profile
Re: I'm sad,mad and confused
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2013, 11:00:08 PM »
What's a BOSS? Why didn't you use the speedo before you changed the "boss"?
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties either expressed or written and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use, the author is not responsible for your inability to understand logic, ambiguous references, sarcasm, the imaginary friends living inside my head or William Shatner

The moped learner

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2013, 11:23:18 PM »
The thing in the cvt that prevented it from going faster oh my dad didn't have a iPhone at that time

de-dee

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2013, 01:21:03 AM »
  what was the differance in the two bosses,  was the new boss shorter, so the variator closed more, so the belt would go to the top of the variator, I had to shave 1mm. off both sides of the variator to get the same results,. my belt is 24 mm. wide and the variator was 25.5 wide , now it is 23.5 wide , and the belt go,s to the top of the variator pulley now,.  it lowered the RPM by 500 to 1000 rpm at speed ,. my steed is the downtown,. 300i just passed 40,000 km.

The moped learner

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2013, 01:34:53 AM »
Well I changed it with the smooth boss the boss is a round tube right all the cvt parts are stock other than the round tube thing my moped has 6600 kilometer on it
« Last Edit: October 03, 2013, 01:40:03 AM by The moped learner »

ScooterCommuter

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2013, 01:45:25 AM »
Your speedo is optimistic like most scoots. Do the boss alone and you will be at an indicated 35, but a true 30 or 31. Rejet the carb for more fuel at WOT as well and that will get you to around a true 35. To get higher you need to get past the rev limiter in the cdi. There's tutorials on here and elsewhere to do that or you can buy a true unrestricted one on eBay.

The moped learner

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2013, 01:46:20 AM »
But on my friend moped he has a electric speedo on it we were going side by side and it said me and him was going 40mph so am I going the speed the speedometer is saying and it's not off any Or is the GPS speedo rung

The moped learner

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2013, 01:49:10 AM »
Oh I upgraded the get to 82 I'm about to upgraded it to 85 to 90 not sher on exact because I drilled it out to be bigger oh about the cutting the cdi box I'm scared to do it altho I saw a lot of videos on how if i screw up I'm out of a moped well for a wile becase I don't have a lot of spending cash
« Last Edit: October 03, 2013, 01:52:39 AM by The moped learner »

ScooterCommuter

• View Profile
Re: Re: I'm sad,mad and confused
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2013, 02:26:08 AM »
Oh I upgraded the get to 82 I'm about to upgraded it to 85 to 90 not sher on exact because I drilled it out to be bigger oh about the cutting the cdi box I'm scared to do it altho I saw a lot of videos on how if i screw up I'm out of a moped well for a wile becase I don't have a lot of spending cash
so spend a few bucks on eBay for an unrestricted one that you don't need to cut. That way you can also put it back to stock after if you ever need or want to - something you can't do if you cut the one you got. You're looking at less than 100 bucks, somewhere in the 40 to 80 range plus shipping.

ScooterCommuter

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2013, 02:29:33 AM »
And as for speedo accuracy, trust the gps over anything mounted to the bike. It's the gold standard, and even if the gps is messed up, it will fall to work at all before it becomes as inaccurate as most scooter speedos.

The moped learner

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2013, 11:23:02 AM »
So myn and my friends speedo is both off then I have a video of the GPS speed recorded i don't know if I can post it

johnson

• Johnson
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2013, 11:54:49 PM »
If you have any iPhone there is an app, iBikeMoto, that will record your max speed and average speed on a trip, plus a bunch of other data.  It's free. 

You won't have to watch the GPS to see what you're traveling at or when you hit your highest speed. 
People S250 - 2007
Honda Metropolitan - 2002
Lance Cali Classic 125 - 2012
Peace Verona 2012 - sold
Lance Cali Classic 50 - 2011 - sold

RubenC

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2013, 03:36:13 AM »
Is there anything on the Android side that comparable to iBikeMoto?
From the Great Nation called Texas. Oops I mean the Great State called Texas

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2013, 03:51:04 AM »
Is there anything on the Android side that comparable to iBikeMoto?

Ulysse Speedometer...

The moped learner

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2013, 10:17:25 AM »
CAN SOMEONE TELL ME IF HIGH PERFORMANCE CDI BOX MEANS IT DERESTRICTED
« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 12:41:02 PM by The moped learner »

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()