Author Topic: engine revving up by itself  (Read 4008 times)

Jaisland

• View Profile
engine revving up by itself
« on: October 11, 2013, 09:00:17 AM »
Hi, I have a new agility 50 and just recently installed a new cdi, new rollers, new boss, and a new fuel injector nozzle. It has been working great up until tonight when I got home and parked my bike. When it went up onto its stand it started revving up and up and up like it couldnt stop itself. Any ideas as to what may be causing this? Thanks!

The moped learner

• View Profile
Re: engine revving up by itself
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2013, 12:10:16 PM »
When your stopped dos it act like it wants to move and take off if so your idle is to hi or your throttle cable is sticking because your clutch is ingageing because of your engine idle is hi if that's not it then VALVE ASSY PISTON isn't closeing and its just stuck open alowing alot of file to mix with air
« Last Edit: October 11, 2013, 12:19:16 PM by The moped learner »

Jaisland

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2013, 01:10:03 PM »
yes it does want to drive off if on the ground. seems like something is stuck. wondering if it is okay to drive to my mechanic up the mountain about 20 mins away?

The moped learner

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2013, 01:22:29 PM »
Your idle is to hi there is a cable on the carb that controls the trottle there's two nuts loosen them alot and push the srew away grow the carb if the engine slows down then tight in the nuts you want the trottle low to get it just right set on main stand and ajust it to we're the tire is spinning slow but not to the point were it dosnt spin at all push the back brake on to stop it then let go of it and it should start spinning agin and that how you do it

Smithg27

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2013, 01:46:40 PM »
This doesn't sound like as much of an idle speed problem as it does a throttle sticking problem. If it keeps revving up and up and up to a very high rpm its not due to your idle. Your throttle is sticking somewhere causing this problem. Try to follow the cable from the carb to the handle and see if you can find anywhere it might be sticking.
Now if its not revving very high and just enough for you to notice that its higher than you think it should be then it is probably that your idle is too high. If that's the case do what he said.

The moped learner

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2013, 03:11:07 PM »
Good oll WD40

Jaisland

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2013, 10:02:31 PM »
I just started the moped up after it sat overnight and it was revving pretty high, high enough to make the ped vibrate around on its stand. I turned it off and then retracted the stand so both wheels were on the ground and then started it, pulled it out of the garage and drove it around the driveway. I pulled back into the garage, put down the stand down and everything seems fine now. I revved up the engine lightly a few times to see if it would stick again but so far so good.

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2013, 05:39:26 PM »
If it happens again do what smithg27 is telling you then yes hit the side of the carb with 20d40

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()