Author Topic: No Start Um 250 People  (Read 1263 times)

California kid

• I'm here for the Chicks!
    • View Profile
No Start Um 250 People
« on: October 11, 2013, 04:35:17 PM »
My 250 people is in No Start Um mode.   HELP!

Went to start it a couple of weeks ago and it went "click, pop."  Tried it again and then the headlamp went dark.  I thought it was the battery, put that on the charger, It shows 12v, MET light works interior lamp works, but no HL or start.  Found and checked all the fuses and not one burnt or damaged. 

Where or what else can I check?  I got a ride tomorrow morning and no clue where to look next.
Ck

People 250 NO 'S'
Lammys and Chetaks

TLRam1

• View Profile
Re: No Start Um 250 People
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2013, 03:31:20 AM »
Still could be the battery, when you put a load on the battery it drops like a rock. Put a volt meter across the battery than hit the starter button, see where your voltage is, also could be dirty battery connections.
Terry
10 Kymco People S 250
87 Yamaha Riva 200 (Sold)
Allen TX (Dallas)
cli-maxridinggear.com

de-dee

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2013, 05:10:39 AM »
   what hapened to me is I took my gloves off and they touched the kill switch, I did not see that,sure made me go through check up to get it started,. I was just passing through customs, and holding up the line ,.sure red in the face ,.

California kid

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2013, 05:15:02 AM »
I'd agree if I had a dim headlamp but no power there the horn  the starter.  Is there a relay that could go?  Please any any suggestions IN ADDITION TO THE BATTERY.

I always am positive it couldn't be the battery an it usually is. Should I just swap another battery in?  Its only 90 bucks for a new one.
I checked the kill switch twice.  Wish it was the culprit.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2013, 05:18:11 AM by California kid »
Ck

People 250 NO 'S'
Lammys and Chetaks

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2013, 05:39:47 AM »
If the battery is ok and you only get a "click", check the starter relay/solenoid...  With a volt tester, test the voltage from the relay to the starter motor, if it reads zero or far below 12v, then that's the culprit...

Also, check for loose ground....

« Last Edit: October 12, 2013, 05:43:29 AM by Vivo »

California kid

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2013, 05:40:05 PM »
 :-[
Well, to wrap up, it was the battery. 

After a full charge it runs like a champ.  Got it started on Saturday, took it on a rally ride, 3 hours.  It did rough start after the ride so I still need to check the load.  It is an old battery so its probably time.

It might have been more fitting if I ordered crow instead of cherry pie, on the Twin Peaks ride, after swearing the problem must have been something other than the battery.  But it was Damn Fine Coffee and cherry pie ala mode to celebrate another runner.  Only three other dead scoots and a Guzzi to go, then my army will be complete.
Ck

People 250 NO 'S'
Lammys and Chetaks

TLRam1

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2013, 12:01:22 AM »
It happens to all of us, thanks for the update and be glad it was simple.
Terry
10 Kymco People S 250
87 Yamaha Riva 200 (Sold)
Allen TX (Dallas)
cli-maxridinggear.com

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()