Author Topic: No Acceleration  (Read 4136 times)

Bryan

• View Profile
Re: No Acceleration
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2009, 05:52:07 AM »
Hi There, Thanks for the support. I will be pleased if I can average 20km/l although somehow I think I'm too heavy on the throttle, then even 18km/l would enable me to commute three days between filling and that would be better than two days, wish it had a bigger tank. Anyway I filled up last night and will test it during the next few days if the weather allows. We are going into our rain season now and the weatherman says its going to rain today and at least the next 2 to 3 days so I used 4 wheels, it's so dangerous here in the wet and I don't enjoy riding in the rain nor getting the scoot so dirty not to mention the discomfort of a damp crutch. I have a quick question about the brake pads, I noticed a lot of black brake dust collecting on the rims and it's a struggle to get into all those nooks and crannies to clean them properly. Is this normal? Perhaps there is some after market pads available that will not do this, any advice? Regards from Durban RSA.

winginman

• View Profile
    • Accugen DNA Service
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2009, 02:10:46 PM »
The brake dust is a problem with all the bikes (and cars).  I have found that if you can find ceramic pads they produce less dust than the metallic or organic pads.  I put them on my car and the Goldwing and sure enough there is less dust and I see no difference in the baking ability.  Although I have heard that they wear your rotors more.  Maybe someone else can give input on that.  My X500Ri has the dark rims to the dust does not show like it will on yours.  I have not tried to see if they even make the ceramic pads for the scooters.   
Jim
09 Kymco 500Ri (His)
04 Aprilia S500 (Hers)
01 Honda GL1800 (Ours)
DNA Paternity Testing www.accugendna.com

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2009, 05:30:35 PM »
Hi wingman,You can usually go 2-3 sets of pads before turning/ replacing rotors.  You're right about all counts on the ceramics. I did see an add for ceramic pads I think on ebay! I will try to find it for everyone!
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()