Author Topic: Earthquake!  (Read 5929 times)

Vivo

• View Profile
Earthquake!
« on: October 16, 2013, 01:39:35 AM »
We were hit by a 7.2 earthquake early morning Tuesday.... many dead.... Storms and floods I can fight... but this??? 

For everybody's information... a magnitude 7.2 earthquake is equivalent to 32 atomic bombs....

No earthquake can stop a scooter!!!

« Last Edit: October 16, 2013, 01:56:56 AM by Vivo »

SaltyDog

• View Profile
Re: Earthquake!
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2013, 04:50:11 AM »
Tragic news for those directly affected, but good to hear you made it through yet another natural distaster, Vivo. 

CNN was reporting (http://www.cnn.com/2013/10/14/world/asia/philippines-earthquake/index.html) that 2.9 million people were affected in some way :o  (and incidently also showed someone cruising through on a scoot).

« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 06:41:05 AM by SaltyDog »

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2013, 12:40:27 PM »
Thanks man... thanks....

big blue

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2013, 02:19:55 PM »
Hello Vivo, I was glad to hear that you are OK. I traveled in the Cebu area when in the US Navy. It was a really beautiful part of the country to visit. Sad to see the devastation and lives lost. Keep safe.

Len :-\
2012 Kymco Like 200i LX (Sold)  Salem, Oregon USA

TroutBum

• 2012 Like 200i (sold)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2013, 04:06:46 PM »
OMG Vivo,

That terrible! I'm glad your okay. I'll keep your country in my prayers. Living in earthquake country myself, California, I know the suddenness at which it hits. No warning. One moment calm then Massive destruction and disruption. Take care of yourself.

ahernandez74

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2013, 05:50:44 PM »
OMG Vivo,

That terrible! I'm glad your okay. I'll keep your country in my prayers. Living in earthquake country myself, California, I know the suddenness at which it hits. No warning. One moment calm then Massive destruction and disruption. Take care of yourself.
Plus in California you have to stay on your tip toes. When theres nice weather and a huge change, everyone always has to be morbid about it and says its earthquake weather.

• 09' Peoples 200, NJ
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2013, 07:19:18 PM »
I was just having this conversation with a friend of mine from the west coast of the US. Saying how I hated the thought of earthquakes. She pointed out that we have hurricanes on the east coast. But a hurricane gives you days of warning to prepare for.

You guys have all the issues we have, ever thought about moving to Fl. USA?

Glad your OK, keep the faith, this to shale pass my friend.
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties either expressed or written and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use, the author is not responsible for your inability to understand logic, ambiguous references, sarcasm, the imaginary friends living inside my head or William Shatner

LoveMyKymco

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2013, 05:57:20 PM »
Sorry to hear for your people, but glad to see you made it! Wow thats scary.
My 82 mph Killer Full MHR zx50 build (now 91 mph gps verified)
http://www.kymcoforum.com/index.php?topic=7795.0
My Fabrizi/MHR "can it cost anymore?" build
http://www.kymcoforum.com/index.php?topic=12146.0;topicseen

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2013, 06:25:01 PM »
Glad you and your's are OK Vivo.
Some places on earth have lots of troubles - and usually these places are "....far away". But there are people there.
And we are all people.
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

Andymann

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2013, 06:12:39 AM »
Vivo had better be on his toes, too. The city he's in lies on top of an active fault line.
Be safe buddy.

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2013, 06:27:06 AM »
Vivo had better be on his toes, too. The city he's in lies on top of an active fault line.
Be safe buddy.

You're damn right Andyman...  :(   No matter how we prepare, this "big one" as they say it is, will be the worst in Philippine history and will be massive....

TLRam1

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2013, 06:33:31 AM »
Vivo, you are in the Philippines? Devastating to the people there, I wish that on no one.
Terry
10 Kymco People S 250
87 Yamaha Riva 200 (Sold)
Allen TX (Dallas)
cli-maxridinggear.com

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2013, 06:39:42 AM »
Vivo, you are in the Philippines? Devastating to the people there, I wish that on no one.

Yes TLRam1, thanks... typhoons, floods, earthquakes, wars.... it's more fun in the Philippines...

TLRam1

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2013, 09:34:18 AM »
1. Are there a lot of scooters in the Philippines?

2. What is the prominent brand?

3. What scooter do you have?

4. What are the speeds on your roads, do you have freeways like in the USA or mostly slower 2 lane roads?

5. Are you Philippine yourself, as you seem to speak English well.

6. Where you on high ground and far away from the quake, any flooding?
Terry
10 Kymco People S 250
87 Yamaha Riva 200 (Sold)
Allen TX (Dallas)
cli-maxridinggear.com

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2013, 01:33:24 AM »
1. Are there a lot of scooters in the Philippines? Yes, around 4 million... its a basic mode of transportation

2. What is the prominent brand? Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki, Kawasaki, and lots of Chinese brands

3. What scooter do you have? Kymco Super 8 125cc

4. What are the speeds on your roads, do you have freeways like in the USA or mostly slower 2 lane roads? City roads, around 40-50 mph, Freeways, 60 max. but we don't follow...you can go as fast as you want

5. Are you Philippine yourself, as you seem to speak English well. Yes, 100% Filipino... 99% of Filipinos speak English and we use English as our second language, English is not only taught in schools but spoken in schools... I have a college degree, a Masters Degree, and several Diploma degrees

6. Where you on high ground and far away from the quake, any flooding? Yup, far from the quake... Flooding, Yes... every year there's flood... we are hit by an average of 20 typhoons every year.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()