Author Topic: Why a scooter & not a Motorcycle?  (Read 19217 times)

donandrews

• View Profile
Re: Why a scooter & not a Motorcycle?
« Reply #60 on: December 30, 2013, 03:30:23 AM »
Getting older. Don't need as much between my legs as I used to .
2012 Like 200i   
Lusting for People 300GTI, but recently purchased Vespa 250GTSie instead.
Brownsville OR 
Home of Willamette Country Music Festival and
movie "Stand By Me"

Normal is Relative

CosmoKorny

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 03, 2014, 03:31:27 AM »
I ride a scooter 'cause it is a chick magnet.

You forgot to open the garage door when idling your scoot again, didn't you.
(I saw the Care Bears once .... but you're seeing pretty girls smiling at you.)
No matter how cold it is , we must crack the garage door.
Stig

Tell me I'm wrong.   :)

Normal is boring.

2006 Kymco Xciting 250

jmwood1968

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 03, 2014, 09:26:11 AM »
I ride both depending on where im going. I love both but scooter for in an around town and the Fury for on the highway. 
Don I read your profile if thats your age good for you! I want to be you when I get to be your age. You just keep on riding that scooter.
Kymco S8 150
Kymco Like 200i
Vespa PX150
Honda Fury
Honda Sabre

boo

• I hate censorship people manipulate you
    • View Profile
simple
« Reply #63 on: January 03, 2014, 03:56:14 PM »
More fun.
And for some like me, have always had a deep love for motor scooters.
Remember the old Allstates, Cushmans, etc..
300GTI black
Pro 2A - member GOA & NRA

boo

• I hate censorship people manipulate you
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 03, 2014, 04:26:22 PM »
Getting older. Don't need as much between my legs as I used to .

I heard that.
Will be 64 in three days.
When the phone rings I lose control.
300GTI black
Pro 2A - member GOA & NRA

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 03, 2014, 11:07:23 PM »
Tell me I'm wrong.   :)

OK, Cosmo, I stand corrected.
She is a cutie.
My youngest just turned 14....
She did sit on my scoot one time, to try out my rebuilt seat - but I didn't get a photo.
She thought my mirrors were 'cool !"
She says she is never going to drive, "it's just too scary !"
She has warned the entire family that a very goofy friend of hers will be turning 15 next August....and will be driving a car in our community.
[I know the kid. We have reason for alarm.]
I am eligible for Medicare now. The only thing better than a scoot in the garage is this 14 yr old youngster in the kitchen!
She is the last chapter of 6 great kids = roughly $1,750,000 in Pampers, Pull-Ups, rice cereal, training bras, book fees and science fair supplies. (The 4,200 sporting events (8 of which we won ) is where I developed my fear of lawn chairs and weepy 13 year olds.)
Best regards, Stig
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 11:15:17 PM by Stig »
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

CosmoKorny

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 03, 2014, 11:17:49 PM »
 :)  This is my youngest of three, she just turned twelve.  The above photo was taken after returning from a ride;  turning into the drive she tapped me on the shoulder and said "more daddy, more!".  Chick magnet, I say.
Normal is boring.

2006 Kymco Xciting 250

donandrews

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 07, 2014, 05:04:06 AM »
Why must we choose one over the other? Some of us are riding-have ridden-want to ride - both. And that's OK. Two wheels is two wheels, dammit! So quit arguing that one is better than the other - its' all a matter of personal taste. What is better for one rider may not be better for the other, but again, two wheels is two wheels.

How about a thread on why we prefer to ride scooters and motorcycles rather than drive cars?
Peace and ride safe.
2012 Like 200i   
Lusting for People 300GTI, but recently purchased Vespa 250GTSie instead.
Brownsville OR 
Home of Willamette Country Music Festival and
movie "Stand By Me"

Normal is Relative

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 07, 2014, 07:07:41 AM »
That was just a question donandrews... Lol! Yes two wheels is two wheels and I also love to ride both... some people just want to know other peoples ideas/views on motorcycles and scooters... to answer your proposed thread on why one prefers two wheels versus four, I prefer two wheels because I want to go home to my family early and spend more time with them after office without getting stuck in traffic... simple.

JJJoseph

• Kymco Sento
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 07, 2014, 07:21:38 AM »
I prefer two wheels because I want to go home to my family early and spend more time with them after office without getting stuck in traffic...

Then there's the opposite traffic flow: I need to go downtown several times a week, but parking's really expensive for a car, like $25/day.  I take my scooter because I can park it in all kinds of little places for free.  I also enjoy my scooter ride into town; driving the car is slow and irritating.

kingkymco125

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 17, 2014, 01:55:53 AM »
Then there's the opposite traffic flow: I need to go downtown several times a week, but parking's really expensive for a car, like $25/day.  I take my scooter because I can park it in all kinds of little places for free.  I also enjoy my scooter ride into town; driving the car is slow and irritating.

With a car, one does not about going for a ride in it. With a scooter one does. When one has a scooter, all they think about is going on rides. I love having my car for the all the protection it offers, but the bike lets one feel the actual weather conditions and appreciate their lives. I love being able to park in places the cagers cannot get into. A scooter is more agile and quicker than a car is.
David M.  Las Vegas, Nevada
New 2012 Kymco Agility 125cc bike

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 17, 2014, 06:09:14 AM »
With a car, one does not about going for a ride in it. With a scooter one does. When one has a scooter, all they think about is going on rides. I love having my car for the all the protection it offers, but the bike lets one feel the actual weather conditions and appreciate their lives. I love being able to park in places the cagers cannot get into. A scooter is more agile and quicker than a car is.

a feeling of Freedom!!!..  ;)

tortoise

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 18, 2014, 12:27:37 AM »
If you ride during cooler temperatures and stow jacket and gloves in the under-seat tub while picking up a few groceries . . rising scooter engine heat keeps them warm.  A flat floorboard offers enhanced utility for transporting gallon jugs, 12 packs, bags of water softener salt, and pet food.

Momma bear

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 18, 2014, 10:38:34 AM »
Love that Sunday drive we use to do with our grandparents as kids. Now days to take the car would cost $50. Motorcycle is not the image I'm going for . I also don't need all that speed. I'm not interested in shifting with my feet, since at timeI think god gave me two left ones. I love to throw $8 bucks in the tank and ride for two hours at 40 MPH and see things you just can't see from the seat of your car or going 80MPH on a big bike.
People300i

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 21, 2014, 08:23:24 PM »
Love that Sunday drive we use to do with our grandparents as kids. Now days to take the car would cost $50. Motorcycle is not the image I'm going for . I also don't need all that speed. I'm not interested in shifting with my feet, since at timeI think god gave me two left ones. I love to throw $8 bucks in the tank and ride for two hours at 40 MPH and see things you just can't see from the seat of your car or going 80MPH on a big bike.
Amen.
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()