Author Topic: water in oil  (Read 1100 times)

k_ogre

• View Profile
water in oil
« on: October 21, 2013, 07:24:39 AM »
 ok I just got a 04 venox today but it has a problem water in the oil heres the story
hes been riding it to work 9miles and it started running bad he checked the oil and theres water in it no smole or overheating
I think head gasket what are your thoughts

Vivo

• View Profile
Re: water in oil
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2013, 08:06:55 AM »
Yes, head gasket or cracked cylinder wall or deformed cylinder head...  most probably the gasket...  ;)
« Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 08:09:55 AM by Vivo »

Hairy Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2013, 06:07:33 AM »
Before you panick, first thing would be to give her an oil and filter change. Do your self a favour, and only use synthetic oil. Could just be old mineral oil breaking down.
Positive vibes gang.
Regards, hairy Bob.

Damn the torpedoes .. full steam ahead !

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2013, 01:13:45 AM »
What's the color of the oil? With water in it, the color will change to milky or brownish....

Wet a piece of paper with the oil and set on fire... if you hear a crackling sound... water is present...

k_ogre

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2013, 09:22:32 PM »
When I bought it he said the head gasket was blown and had water in the oil .when I got in home I drained the oil just a wisp of white in the oil and no sign of the gasket being blown but it runs like crap on the low end and will not idle.after messing around with it I took it to the shop seems to be missing on the rear cylinder they think its just needs adjustments .now its wait and see time any ideas on what you think it might be?

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()