Author Topic: Disclaimer/I have no intention of trying this  (Read 3845 times)

• 09' Peoples 200, NJ
    • View Profile
Disclaimer/I have no intention of trying this
« on: October 25, 2013, 06:38:12 PM »
If I needed to ride 2 up with a little girl (4 yrs old) on my peoples 200s would you want her on the back portion of the seat holding opnto me around my wasit or sitting/standing on the floor board in front of me where I could keeo her between my legs a little.
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties either expressed or written and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use, the author is not responsible for your inability to understand logic, ambiguous references, sarcasm, the imaginary friends living inside my head or William Shatner

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Re: Disclaimer/I have no intention of trying this
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2013, 08:10:12 PM »
Call a cab.....I'll give you the $$.
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

ts1

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2013, 08:58:36 PM »
On the pillion place in a special (officially certified) child motorcycle seat.
I know 2 common models: Stamatakis for >=2.5 years and Givi S650 for >=5 years.
I have 2 daughters and 2 boys. All are experienced pillions from their little childhood on.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2013, 09:02:36 PM by ts1 »

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2013, 02:04:38 AM »
How tall and how fat is the girl is a consideration...  ;)

• 09' Peoples 200, NJ
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2013, 07:29:10 PM »
How tall and how fat is the girl is a consideration...  ;)

Thank you Vivo.

She's about 38" tall and 40 lbs.

To all others, I'm asking as in an emergency situation, not where I can take time to fasten a seat for her or wait for a cab. If times called for a run I'd need to hop on and go, looking for the safest way to get out of town when cars will have the roads jammed up. Me and my liitle one on a scoot, over sidewalks, splitting lanes, whatever it takes to get out.

I just realized, 1000 posts +.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2013, 07:32:38 PM by 08087 »
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties either expressed or written and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use, the author is not responsible for your inability to understand logic, ambiguous references, sarcasm, the imaginary friends living inside my head or William Shatner

wakeupmaggie

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2013, 07:41:25 PM »
I would say that if you are getting out of town in an emergency situation like you are describing, then put the child wherever you feel the safest.  I would think that between my legs and standing on the floorboard would be safer.  At least you wouldn't have to worry about her falling off. 

I think the law in NJ is that as soon as the child can put his or her feet flat onto the foot rests from the pillion seat, then it is legal to let the child ride on the back of the bike/scooter  I may start letting my granddaughter ride with me a little by next summer.
Somerset County, New Jersey
DT300i

CosmoKorny

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2013, 08:08:51 PM »
I would say that if you are getting out of town in an emergency situation like you are describing, then put the child wherever you feel the safest.  I would think that between my legs and standing on the floorboard would be safer.  At least you wouldn't have to worry about her falling off. 

I think the law in NJ is that as soon as the child can put his or her feet flat onto the foot rests from the pillion seat, then it is legal to let the child ride on the back of the bike/scooter  I may start letting my granddaughter ride with me a little by next summer.

The law in Wisconsin is on the back and able to place feet on footrests.  If you braked hard where would a front passenger go?
Normal is boring.

2006 Kymco Xciting 250

• 09' Peoples 200, NJ
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2013, 10:42:33 PM »

If the situation that I have in mind ever arises the "LAW" will be the last thing I worry about. I doubt it will ever come to it but having an exit plan is always best. Thanks for the advice.

Grumpy old man

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2013, 11:41:13 PM »
Grand kids always want to ride, so we have the rule when your feet can touch the pillions you may ride wearing a helmet of course and we start them out riding around the yard and if they do OK we graduate them up to road trips.    I have often wondered why no one has offered a safety belt sort of a couple of belts connected with a flexible joint one for the driver and another for the passenger it would allow you to keep aware of the little ones behind you and also give you a peace of mind while travelling.       

My wife an I have had the Grands on the back for years and they love riding we always have a morning phone call grandpa can you give me a ride to school my books/ instrument/ whatever are too heavy and it's too cold and it's up hill both ways and .....  sometimes we even pick them up.        Jim.   

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2013, 04:33:28 AM »
I want to be in control... not safe...it's a gamble in an emergency....  i'd say to her.. "Jump on the back hug me tight, close your eyes and don't let go, .. no matter what... and when speeding, I feel her grip loose... I would shout... HUG!!! .... and when we arrive on a safe place, I'll buy her ice cream...

CosmoKorny

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2013, 04:38:06 AM »
 :)  This thread reminds me of the velcro pj's/sheet sets I wished for when my kids were younger.
Normal is boring.

2006 Kymco Xciting 250

AMAC1680

• Outdoorsman, Advocate, Paraplegic
    • View Profile
    • SEGS4VETS
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2013, 08:53:33 AM »
If the situation that I have in mind ever arises the "LAW" will be the last thing I worry about. I doubt it will ever come to it but having an exit plan is always best. Thanks for the advice.

Relax my friend.
Doomsday for NJ came decades ago...........

Be Big,
AMAC
www.SEGS4VETS.org
2017 Lance Cali Classic 200i
2013 SYM RV200
2013 Kymco Downtown 300
2010 Lance Cali Classic-sold
1973 VW Dune Buggy
1974 VW Meyers Manx

ts1

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2013, 09:48:50 AM »
If the situation that I have in mind...
What situation?
In any case of an serious illness or accident we have to call the professionals (in Europe call "112"). An EC 135 happily cruises at 230kph and has the emergency doctor on board.

• 09' Peoples 200, NJ
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2013, 06:42:15 PM »
We are lucky enough to own 2 homes, the one in the northern part of the state is more a city and if things ever got bad as far as civil unrest I'd like to get out without being held in traffic for hours or days.

In the Southern part of the state there is the potential for flooding but worse is there is a nuclear reactor about 30 miles away, if a leak or worse ever took place I'm out and as fast as humanly possible.

I'm well aware of wind directions in my area and which way to head in case this event ever took place.

AMAC1680

• Outdoorsman, Advocate, Paraplegic
    • View Profile
    • SEGS4VETS
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2013, 11:24:17 AM »
We are lucky enough to own 2 homes, the one in the northern part of the state is more a city and if things ever got bad as far as civil unrest I'd like to get out without being held in traffic for hours or days.

In the Southern part of the state there is the potential for flooding but worse is there is a nuclear reactor about 30 miles away, if a leak or worse ever took place I'm out and as fast as humanly possible.

I'm well aware of wind directions in my area and which way to head in case this event ever took place.

Oyster Creek is a disaster waiting to happen. Im a proponent of nuclear energy but not the 50 year old poorly maintained plants still in use. There has been a huge reduction there but the reactor still runs for the time being.

Not sure what northern city your in but may I suggest a lead shroud for over your scoot. It would block both fallout and bullets...lol

I'm no conspiracy guy but take a look at the amount of ammo etal that homeland security has stockpiled. It's just a matter of is it to help the population against outside threats or to protect the government from the population.

Yeah I'd mod-out the motor and add the lead.........

Be Big,
AMAC
www.SEGS4VETS.org
2017 Lance Cali Classic 200i
2013 SYM RV200
2013 Kymco Downtown 300
2010 Lance Cali Classic-sold
1973 VW Dune Buggy
1974 VW Meyers Manx

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()