Author Topic: Almost too cold~!  (Read 965 times)

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Almost too cold~!
« on: October 26, 2013, 12:59:55 PM »
Had to head home this morning after only 75 mins....low 30's and windy. Might warm up a touch when the sun comes up. First ride this year that I did not see a single deer.....
Didn't really notice any changes in starting or running with the new, lighter synthetic oils in transmission & engine. Will watch what the MPG's are this tank.

Will look for a thin balaclava that does not stretch my helmet, and a heavy turtleneck, and battery tender this week. Oh, and some kind of extension for my helmet strap....tight on normal days, now nearly too short with all my scarves and neck stuff on.
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

McG

• View Profile
Re: Almost too cold~!
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2013, 04:00:21 AM »
I only have a 2 mile ride every morning, but it's been pretty cold--in the 30s and windy a few days last week.  I made myself a neoprene face mask that does wonders to keep out the cold!  They're all over the place online, but since I had some neoprene, I figured I'd make my own.  I highly recommend them!

91cavgt

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2013, 02:28:35 AM »
It is amazing at how much a windscreen will help to warm you up on those cold mornings!!  I have ridden in 35 degree weather with nothing more than a long sleeve sweater, my Duluth Firehose pants, my riding jacket (with liner), my helmet, and my winter gloves.  I felt perfectly fine. 
2012 Like 200i  in black

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2013, 04:57:40 PM »
I only have a 2 mile ride every morning, but it's been pretty cold--in the 30s and windy a few days last week.  I made myself a neoprene face mask that does wonders to keep out the cold!  They're all over the place online, but since I had some neoprene, I figured I'd make my own.  I highly recommend them!
Still taking the long way to work.....but starting to feel a little crazy doing so. 27 degrees this morn.
Ordered my helmet strap extension from eBay....and found a turtelneck in my closet - the goofy looking one my sis-in-law gave me a few decades ago. Hmmm,  I'll wear it!
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2013, 05:00:16 PM »
It is amazing at how much a windscreen will help to warm you up on those cold mornings!!  I have ridden in 35 degree weather with nothing more than a long sleeve sweater, my Duluth Firehose pants, my riding jacket (with liner), my helmet, and my winter gloves.  I felt perfectly fine. 
Haven't yet caved to the CHP look for my scoot (with the wind screen)......which I don't care for ---- maybe next year. (but I am listening to you guys with 'em)
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()