Author Topic: Something burning  (Read 1473 times)

ispud

• View Profile
Something burning
« on: August 13, 2009, 05:17:48 PM »
I am at 150 miles on new S250.  I am getting a burning smell/almost burns my eyes, when I park it in my garage.  Is this just break in burn off or should I be concerned?

Thanks,

:)>>
« Last Edit: August 17, 2009, 06:59:10 PM by ispud »

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Something burning
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2009, 09:34:00 PM »
You will get some SLIGHT burning smell/smoke on a new scoot. The paint on the exhaust, clyinder, ect.. will tend to "burn in". Also the manuf uses a compound similar to cosmoline on the shiny bits to keep it all looking good. A through wash down w/ dish soap will minimize this. I use spray on wax by Turtle Wax when I clean up, and get the same smell for a short while. Just to be safe, I would suggest Checking your brakes, FT/RR to see they spin freely both when cold, and hot. Also check ALL of the fittings on, and around the engine. If there is any kind of a leak it should be easy to spot on a new scoot. A tiny leak will tend to burn off more than leave drops under the bike
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

karl utrecht

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2009, 08:58:19 PM »
my S250 smelled the same way until about 300 miles. Almost completely gone now at 515 miles.

kuboat
Las Cruces, NM

ispud

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2009, 09:40:42 PM »
good to hear - approaching 300 miles and its still pretty stinky after riding.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()