Author Topic: Loose assembly on right handlebar  (Read 1125 times)

Tfitz1023

• View Profile
Loose assembly on right handlebar
« on: October 27, 2013, 03:46:49 PM »
Hey guys. After I got my scooter back from the dealer for its first service, I noticed on the ride home the assembly that holds the front right mirror/starter & kill switch was rattling around a bit. I took a look when I got home and noticed the bottom screw on the back of the housing was halfway out. I tried to screw it back in with my drill, but it's not budging. It must not be lined up properly. Can anyone provide any input on what to do? I'm going to post photos of it once I figure out how to ;).

Tfitz1023

• View Profile
Re: Loose assembly on right handlebar
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2013, 10:38:25 PM »

« Last Edit: October 27, 2013, 10:41:05 PM by Tfitz1023 »

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2013, 11:31:40 PM »
Would advise not using a power drill to work with scooter panel screws....use a hand tool so you can 'feel' if something is not seating correctly or if the screw has seated and does not need to be turned any tighter.
Or, use only a power screw gun with a clutch - and set clutch to very light torque setting.
I would back that screw out, as I think you are correct - it is not started into the hole correctly. Retry with the proper sized srewdriver.

Perhaps during the service they had that screw out and tried to zip it back in there with a power screw gun....did not notice that it had not seated correctly.
(pictures not visible)
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

Tfitz1023

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2013, 04:58:39 PM »
Appreciate the response. Sorry bout the pics not loading, I tried for a while to no avail. Anyway, I did try a screwdriver at first but it really seems to be jammed. I couldn't get it to budge. I'm just afraid if I go at it too much with a power tool of any kind I'll strip the screw, or it won't go in properly and cause damage to something internally. I can't get to the top screw to take the whole thing apart either.

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2013, 05:02:29 PM »
Appreciate the response. Sorry bout the pics not loading, I tried for a while to no avail. Anyway, I did try a screwdriver at first but it really seems to be jammed. I couldn't get it to budge. I'm just afraid if I go at it too much with a power tool of any kind I'll strip the screw, or it won't go in properly and cause damage to something internally. I can't get to the top screw to take the whole thing apart either.
Can't back the screw out?!
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

mr stiffy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2013, 11:45:22 AM »
Unscrew the other screw a little as well. It could be too tight and squeezing too much and throwing off the angle of the bottom mount

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()