Author Topic: this ever happen to you?  (Read 1229 times)

houndguy

• Fear the mangy mutt!
  • Your idiotism amuses me.
    • View Profile
    • Scooter Revolution!
this ever happen to you?
« on: October 27, 2013, 05:22:37 PM »
 So here's the story.

In a bizarre twist, I was meeting my girlfriend at a friends about 4 PM.  They live off a rather busy road that is hard to cross during rush hours.  I decided to head down a rough washboard road and meet them at a Italian restaurant.  I took my helmet out of my top case and road the 3 miles or so to the bar.  By the time I got there my top case was gone.  We went back to look for it and traveled that road back and forth at least 3 times.  There was no sign of it anywhere.  Not even plastic on the road.   :'(

Still no clue what happened to it or where it went.  Please tell me I'm not the only idiot this has happened to. :-[
Just another scooter blog - http://www.2smallerwheels.blogspot.com

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Re: this ever happen to you?
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2013, 06:33:39 PM »
I have noticed the case moving as I park the scoot at night.....wish it had better fasteners.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2013, 11:23:27 PM by Stig »
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

• 09' Peoples 200, NJ
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2013, 06:34:15 PM »
It fell off and someone happened upon it and took it. Look for it on ebay or craigs list.
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties either expressed or written and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use, the author is not responsible for your inability to understand logic, ambiguous references, sarcasm, the imaginary friends living inside my head or William Shatner

CosmoKorny

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2013, 07:16:22 PM »
Hasn't happened to me but I worried about the security of the quick release with my topcase.  I have never removed it and probably never will, and after hearing your story am going to bolt it down.
Normal is boring.

2006 Kymco Xciting 250

kingkymco125

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2013, 07:42:20 PM »
Before I had my Kymco Agility 125, this happened to me on my old Chinese 50cc Roketa bike. I had purchase a $80 big top case. While I going through my condo complex, I hit the speed bump and the top case literally split in half, This has happened to many of us at some point of our scootering lives.
David M.  Las Vegas, Nevada
New 2012 Kymco Agility 125cc bike

houndguy

• Fear the mangy mutt!
  • Your idiotism amuses me.
    • View Profile
    • Scooter Revolution!
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2013, 08:44:24 PM »
Before I had my Kymco Agility 125, this happened to me on my old Chinese 50cc Roketa bike. I had purchase a $80 big top case. While I going through my condo complex, I hit the speed bump and the top case literally split in half, This has happened to many of us at some point of our scootering lives.

What pisses me off is that this all happened in a short distance and time.  If it broke apart you think I see pieces of it somewhere.
Just another scooter blog - http://www.2smallerwheels.blogspot.com

de-dee

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2013, 10:39:17 PM »
   same thing happend to me with a 12 ft. 6 inch alum. brake bounced out of my trailor went around the block and it was gone,. that was $ 1,000 out the window, 

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()