Author Topic: Is this America?  (Read 5179 times)

Vivo

• View Profile
Re: Is this America?
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2013, 03:31:12 AM »
Stig, you didn't answer the question.

Because, I just blew his cover...!

Stig's a cop!

« Last Edit: October 31, 2013, 03:41:25 AM by Vivo »

ts1

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2013, 10:32:54 AM »
In Germany any unpacking/pulling the gun is already considered as a use of the gun.
A bank robber doesn't need to fire bullets for threatening.
Accordingly a cop has to face some red tape after he took a gun in his hands.

In USA, Russia and some South American and African countries you have >10000 innocent victims of gunfire / year.
In Germany about 100/year. Yes, Germany has only a population of 80 million, but that can't expain the factor 100x to USA.

• 09' Peoples 200, NJ
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2013, 07:24:08 PM »
In Germany any unpacking/pulling the gun is already considered as a use of the gun.

In USA, Russia and some South American and African countries you have >10000 innocent victims of gunfire / year.
In Germany about 100/year. Yes, Germany has only a population of 80 million, but that can't expain the factor 100x to USA.

The only difference here is that in America we have the "Right" to own firarms, it's the last defense at stopping guys like Hitler from taking over. No offense to the German people or your great country (I'm German myself), but having the right to own a firearm(s) is a great one to have. I don't know for sure but I'd say the US had something nto do with you not having that option after the war.
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties either expressed or written and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use, the author is not responsible for your inability to understand logic, ambiguous references, sarcasm, the imaginary friends living inside my head or William Shatner

• 09' Peoples 200, NJ
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2013, 07:42:55 PM »
It came directly from California's 5th largest newspaper. Look for yourself!

http://www.sacbee.com/2013/10/25/585...roseville.html

http://www.sacbee.com/2013/10/25/585...roseville.html

Turns out the guy they were looking for shot 4 people I think maybe cops too. That said it doesn't give cops the right to point a loaded gun in your face, accidents happen, I don't want o be one of them.
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties either expressed or written and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use, the author is not responsible for your inability to understand logic, ambiguous references, sarcasm, the imaginary friends living inside my head or William Shatner

ts1

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2013, 10:20:49 PM »
The only difference here is that in America we have the "Right" to own firarms, it's the last defense at stopping guys like Hitler from taking over.
LOL! Hitler (and his party) was democratically elected and chancellor. Only afterwards he started the conversion of the democratic Weimarer Republic into his Diktatorship.
You'd shoot at Hitler? At what stage of his career?
Germans don't shoot their chancellors. Unlike Americans JFK.

If distributing weapons would make the world safe, why not distribute nuclear weapons to Kuba or to Iran oder chemical weapons to US civilians? ::)
Who has the genius idea to determine in advance which individual/group will stay decent and which won't?
The USA has gained some experience with assistants turning into enemies. Saddam Husseins chemical war against Iran. Osama bin Laden and the Talibans against Russian occupiers in Afghanistan. ...
Lesson already learned or still not?

Obviously not!
Victims are dispensible.
It's all about money!
The weapon industry is the largest industry.
For the tycoons, any war is a good war!

• 09' Peoples 200, NJ
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2013, 12:09:22 AM »
First of all we're talking about guns for people here not guns for nations, but while you touched on it isn't it America that arms all the bad guys so we can then go in and take over the country after they act up?

OK the thinking in America is this (I'm pro constitution) you will never disarm all the bad guys, so why not allow the good guys the guns they have a right to?

And of couse there is this, our guns are in the hands of the people to prevent tyrants from taking full control, if Obama keeps it up he may get a meeting with his maker a bit early. Alah won't be able to protect him if som ePatriot goes off after him.

And just in case Bush and Clinton were no better but they are no longer sitting in office.

LOL! Hitler (and his party) was democratically elected and chancellor. Only afterwards he started the conversion of the democratic Weimarer Republic into his Diktatorship.
You'd shoot at Hitler? At what stage of his career?
Germans don't shoot their chancellors. Unlike Americans JFK.

If distributing weapons would make the world safe, why not distribute nuclear weapons to Kuba or to Iran oder chemical weapons to US civilians? ::)
Who has the genius idea to determine in advance which individual/group will stay decent and which won't?
The USA has gained some experience with assistants turning into enemies. Saddam Husseins chemical war against Iran. Osama bin Laden and the Talibans against Russian occupiers in Afghanistan. ...
Lesson already learned or still not?

Obviously not!
Victims are dispensible.
It's all about money!
The weapon industry is the largest industry.
For the tycoons, any war is a good war!

Peters

• In Glock I Trust
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2013, 08:49:48 PM »
First of all we're talking about guns for people here not guns for nations, but while you touched on it isn't it America that arms all the bad guys so we can then go in and take over the country after they act up?

OK the thinking in America is this (I'm pro constitution) you will never disarm all the bad guys, so why not allow the good guys the guns they have a right to?

And of couse there is this, our guns are in the hands of the people to prevent tyrants from taking full control, if Obama keeps it up he may get a meeting with his maker a bit early. Alah won't be able to protect him if som ePatriot goes off after him.

And just in case Bush and Clinton were no better but they are no longer sitting in office.

Well said

Less gun owners there in Germany. That explains that statistic. I'm not denying the fact that there is a lot of violence in the states. Gun violence or not. There is. It's a problem. But statistics like that are meaningless.
*2010 People 50 2t with 70cc kit and more
*2001 ZX-50 beater

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2013, 09:14:09 PM »
Because, I just blew his cover...!

Stig's a cop!

Vivo, I wouldn't be caught dead on 10" tires. Love the  jacket though! Very smart & classy.
And i always wear white sox with black shoes -so you can tell it ain't me.
I do have a switch under my seat to brighten the jacket if need be.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2013, 09:26:19 PM by Stig »
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2013, 01:35:01 AM »
In our country, we all have the right to bear arms... the problem, however, is the price of guns here.. a $500.00 gun would cost around $1,000.00 here... or around P43,000.00... three months salary of an average Filipino... so, only the rich have guns.. and of course, the criminals.... the issue here, when it comes to violence is not guns... but poverty...

Going back to the topic on pointing guns to people... if you point a gun to a Filipino, just make sure you pull the trigger because we don't usually use the legal system in retaliating... it's costly... like I said, poverty is a problem... and you can pay a small amount to have somebody killed... even if that person is a cop...  ;)

MrKymco

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2013, 08:39:09 PM »
you shouldn't be allowed to be so obese and stay on as a cop. desk duty, if that. why is it weight requirements must be met to get hired on as a police officer, but once on duty you can go all to crap?

scoots!

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()