Author Topic: Sunday afternoon ride on a Kymco  (Read 3756 times)

CosmoKorny

• View Profile
Sunday afternoon ride on a Kymco
« on: November 04, 2013, 03:53:44 AM »
Nothing special here, just a good time-waster. :)   First time shooting video from my X-grip phone holder. 

Normal is boring.

2006 Kymco Xciting 250

Vivo

• View Profile
Re: Sunday afternoon ride on a Kymco
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2013, 05:17:50 AM »
Where are the cars? scoots? people?   :-\

CosmoKorny

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2013, 01:44:24 PM »

People in the brown jacket wanted to know what kind of scooter I was riding.  He commutes on a TMax.   :)

Normal is boring.

2006 Kymco Xciting 250

wakeupmaggie

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2013, 02:40:44 PM »
Thanks for posting the video.  Nice country you have to ride around in.
Somerset County, New Jersey
DT300i

houndguy

• Fear the mangy mutt!
  • Your idiotism amuses me.
    • View Profile
    • Scooter Revolution!
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2013, 02:42:35 AM »

That sounds like a perfect day out to me.  NO people, cars or other bikes around to ruin the quiet.  ;)
Just another scooter blog - http://www.2smallerwheels.blogspot.com

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2013, 03:13:12 AM »
That sounds like a perfect day out to me.  NO people, cars or other bikes around to ruin the quiet.  ;)

I think so too... I just assumed Corny lives in a crowded city...  ;)

de dee

• 2011 300i downtown 82,265 KM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2013, 05:13:27 AM »
  sometime I can ride 50 miles and not see another car , in the country just the odd farmer in the field, and that is 30 miles out of the capital city of canada   ottawa ont.  1,000, 000 people,. 

CosmoKorny

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2013, 02:12:09 PM »
You guys are lucky I didn't get stuck at a cow crossing.   :)
Normal is boring.

2006 Kymco Xciting 250

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2013, 10:07:13 PM »
Looks like Ohi-er 'round there.
I tried riding in the sticks like this but the frost heaves every 20 feet just beat up my LIKE on many of the back roads. You learn which ones to stay off of - sometimes I scout in my Scion to see how bad the roads are before trying them on the scoot. I am still trying to find a smooth way to get to this little hippy village about 15 miles away. Antioch is my kind of town - full of commies, weirdos, flamed out hippies, girls with bright blue hair, Democrats, bistros, bare foot kids, fresh french bread, great coffee houses, used book stores, pottery shops....old VWs, and just friendly people. They used to love my VW bus - now I want to park my scooter on the main street to give 'em a real treat!
The town has been a 'strange' little burg in the middle of staid Ohio since the 20's (full of suspected union sympathizers and communists. Oh My! I love it!) If you're ever around for their
biannual street fair, check out the pretty belly dancers.

Is the ride better on 16 " wheels vs the 12's?
Stig
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 10:23:07 PM by Stig »
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

CosmoKorny

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2013, 12:09:22 AM »
Yes Stig the ride is better with the larger wheels, although it is still kinda sucky compared to a motorcycle.  You just need to learn to relax and go with the flow, let your body become part of the suspension.
Normal is boring.

2006 Kymco Xciting 250

wakeupmaggie

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2013, 01:08:24 AM »
Looks like Ohi-er 'round there.
I tried riding in the sticks like this but the frost heaves every 20 feet just beat up my LIKE on many of the back roads. You learn which ones to stay off of - sometimes I scout in my Scion to see how bad the roads are before trying them on the scoot. I am still trying to find a smooth way to get to this little hippy village about 15 miles away. Antioch is my kind of town - full of commies, weirdos, flamed out hippies, girls with bright blue hair, Democrats, bistros, bare foot kids, fresh french bread, great coffee houses, used book stores, pottery shops....old VWs, and just friendly people. They used to love my VW bus - now I want to park my scooter on the main street to give 'em a real treat!
The town has been a 'strange' little burg in the middle of staid Ohio since the 20's (full of suspected union sympathizers and communists. Oh My! I love it!) If you're ever around for their
biannual street fair, check out the pretty belly dancers.

Is the ride better on 16 " wheels vs the 12's?
Stig

Oooooo, love your bus.
Somerset County, New Jersey
DT300i

CosmoKorny

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2013, 05:52:09 AM »
The cowling mounted X-Grip is fine for my phone and GPS but vibrates too much for a camera.  And my phone's camera sucks.  Santa I would love a GoPro.   

Take two, another time waster.   :)
Normal is boring.

2006 Kymco Xciting 250

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2013, 06:03:34 AM »
Wrong title...

No time was wasted if you enjoyed the ride, corny....  ;)

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2013, 07:13:50 PM »

Cosmo - THIS was pretty cool to watch!
I usually can't stand watching pavement-trees-center stripes and the occasional auto-passing-by Videos. After 20 sec you get the picture. I can get a sandwich and come back without missing anything.

But you live in The Land of Young People (all carrying stolen items in packs), buildings, stop signs (which you rolled thru) buses and SCOOTERS ..!!
Pretty darn cool! You showed the equivalent of every scooter in Ohio on your 7 min journey. THAT is absolutely amazing to me. (but then I'm amazed that they can get that apple stuff inside a donut)
Seriously cool video.
Here's a hint (maybe it's only me) but to make an interesting video, or photo,  to be placed on a scooter forum ----have a DADGUM scooter in it !!
I know what the grand canyon or the Eiffel Tower* looks like - but put a scooter in front of it and I'll be interested. I will stay and look.

Duck tape the camera on the side cowl of a scooter so I can see the scooter doing its thing and I may even watch the road and trees going by for a few mins. Take the scoots out - you've lost me - and maybe some others as well. Yes? No?

Anyway, I thank you for the neat video with all that stuff and scoots in it. This is a college of some sort - or a minimum security youth prison? Yes?
And, I thought mounting the giant church organ on my LIKE was cool beans - but you've got a whole dadgum symphony in the Met-In box (whateverthehellthatis) on your scoot. Very cool beans!
Impressed, Stig
(* here's a little know fact about the Stig - the Stig's  prom was on the second stage of the Eiffel Tower, in the Jules Verne restaurant)
Scooter / Eiffel Tower
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

kingkymco125

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2013, 07:24:06 AM »
The second video was great. My dog is here with me and she is dancing on her hind legs to the music. I guess you have an doggie personality. Dogs love you. Well at least my dog does. 8)
David M.  Las Vegas, Nevada
New 2012 Kymco Agility 125cc bike

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()