all you all
0 (0%)
all you all
0 (0%)
you's guys
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Voting closed: August 20, 2009, 12:23:48 AM

Author Topic: A great big thankyou to everyone  (Read 2407 times)

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
A great big thankyou to everyone
« on: August 15, 2009, 12:23:48 AM »
Who is thankful for this forum?
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
Re: A great big thankyou to everyone
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2009, 03:55:41 PM »
...man, my local KYMCO dealer went out of business, about 6 months after I bought my Agility 50, and there I was...knowing absolutely NOTHING about how to service my scooter...my only form of transportation...there are no scooter repair shops around here..

...It's probably just as well that they went under, as they sold me the wrong spark plug, headlamp and told me that the valve clearance should be .004"...they also told me that I could not get a service manual, charged me well over a hundred dollars to grind my cdi...didn't change my jet to an 85 as they should have during the de-restriction..

..so I went on scootin' every day, without a care in the world, so it seemed. That was until one day I was scootin’ out for some breakfast, when my drive belt broke…Fortunately, I was only about a mile from home…SO I order me a belt, and a variator upgrade…there are some pics in this forum of my original variator, or what was left of it…lol..

..still I knew pretty much nothing about how I was going to get this all set up once I got my new parts…So it happened that I ran across this forum…there seemed to be some really awesome information in here, and WOW!!...ain’t there REALLY??!!

..I was so excited for finding this place..It lead me to a downloadable service manual and it seemed all my questions were just a few keystrokes away from being answered…I posted and posted…night and day…so much that I became a “Full Member” in less than 2 weeks…This excited me even more, and I guess I must have ruffled a few feathers along the way with all my zest and zeal…

..but, that’s OK..because I’ve met some really cool and knowledgeable ppl here…This forum has been a God-send to me…props to Turnbuckle for putting this thing together, and thanks to everyone that has offered to share their experiences with me..

peace
« Last Edit: August 15, 2009, 07:12:49 PM by wordslinger »
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2009, 08:07:06 PM »
..wooo-hooo!!!

..I just started the 1000th topic!!

..wooo-hooo!!!

..see, there I go again...

;)

peace

axy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2009, 09:20:58 PM »
...man, my local KYMCO dealer went out of business, about 6 months after I bought my Agility 50, and there I was...knowing absolutely NOTHING about how to service my scooter...my only form of transportation...there are no scooter repair shops around here..

...It's probably just as well that they went under, as they sold me the wrong spark plug, headlamp and told me that the valve clearance should be .004"...they also told me that I could not get a service manual, charged me well over a hundred dollars to grind my cdi...didn't change my jet to an 85 as they should have during the de-restriction..

..so I went on scootin' every day, without a care in the world, so it seemed. That was until one day I was scootin’ out for some breakfast, when my drive belt broke…Fortunately, I was only about a mile from home…SO I order me a belt, and a variator upgrade…there are some pics in this forum of my original variator, or what was left of it…lol..

After how many kms did that belt snap?
---
Kymco People GT300i 2017 ABS Euro4
Kymco Agility 125 2008

(Past: Kymco People 250S, Piaggio Beverly 200, Kawasaki ZR-7S, Yamaha TW125, Kymco Cobra Cross 50, Peugeot Zenith 50, Piaggio NRG 50 mc2 72 cc Naraku kit)

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2009, 10:26:39 AM »

..30,000 almost exactly....

axy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2009, 12:28:17 PM »

..30,000 almost exactly....

:) Tnx
---
Kymco People GT300i 2017 ABS Euro4
Kymco Agility 125 2008

(Past: Kymco People 250S, Piaggio Beverly 200, Kawasaki ZR-7S, Yamaha TW125, Kymco Cobra Cross 50, Peugeot Zenith 50, Piaggio NRG 50 mc2 72 cc Naraku kit)

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2009, 01:31:53 AM »
man I love my scoot but finding someone to work on it is hard thanks to this forum I have learned a lot thanks guys.

scoot1234

• 31 yr. old hudsband and father of 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2009, 03:39:19 PM »
I really have enjoyed Kymco Forum.com..  I can't believe what I have already learned, and I just got started.  thanks
I love this forum! It's the best i have found; Very informative, especially because of knowledable peeps.ex.: 'wordslinger', 'shaka', 'Axy' or 'Zombie' just to name four...

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()