Author Topic: 2014 like  (Read 3669 times)

91cavgt

• View Profile
Re: 2014 like
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2013, 03:36:23 AM »
Have You tried without the exhaust? With a ear plugs of course ;-)

You can't remove the exhaust and just ride with ear plugs.  Our exhaust is a single piece, so if you were to remove it, you would have nothing bolted to the cylinder head.  Not to mention that there is an oxygen sensor in the exhaust that MUST be there in order for the motor to run right. 
2012 Like 200i  in black

91cavgt

• View Profile
Re: 2014 like
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2013, 03:40:54 AM »
I am highly skeptical about power gains from the exhaust alone. I base this on my experience with cat back exhaust systems on several cars I've owned. I have come to the conclusion that I will do exhaust on a vehicle for sound only.

There is a HUGE difference between automotive motors and the scooter motors.  On cars, you need a true, tuned exhaust manifold in order to take advantage of exhaust scavenging.  Because of this, you will gain VERY little with just cat-back exhaust systems. 

On scooters on the other hand, since you are just dealing with a single cylinder, it is MUCH easier to tune it to take advantage of scavenging, and thus really open up a good amount of power. 

You can't just do a "cat back" system on our Like since the cat is integrated into the muffler.  Not to mention, the exhaust on our Like 200i is like having a Honda Civic SI exhaust on a V8 Camaro.  Yes, it will work but it will restrict high rpm flow, thus it will restrict high rpm power.
2012 Like 200i  in black

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()