Author Topic: 2014 like  (Read 3675 times)

steve phillips

• View Profile
2014 like
« on: November 05, 2013, 12:13:01 PM »
hey all
i am getting ready to buy 2 of the 200i likes. i see the seat has to go no problem . has anyone ran into any   problems .

thanks steve
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 12:25:11 PM by steve phillips »

big blue

• View Profile
Re: 2014 like
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2013, 04:52:53 PM »
No problems so far and I'm at 3100 miles. The seat is only an issue if your over 6 feet. I'm 5'10" and works  ok for me. Enjoy you new scoots!  ;)
2012 Kymco Like 200i LX (Sold)  Salem, Oregon USA

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2013, 10:40:53 PM »
The seat. Ah, the seat. Tough on big guys.....little guys seem to be OK with it. Rebuilt mine.
Great scoot - rock solid reliable when I remember to turn on the kill switch. Drenching rains, hot weather, no issues. Getting ready to try it in the snow with my Michelins!
Good lights for night riding (which I do every day) nice big tail light.
Good brakes. Easy to service (valve adjust. and oil changes are easy once you get a syringe for the gear oil hole)
@3600 miles since April.
@ 80mpg

Before the rebuild:
Look how much foam I had to add to get off that ridge in the middle of the seat pan!- compare the profile above the chrome hand hold at the rear.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2013, 09:10:11 PM by Stig »
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

tclhb

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2013, 02:18:54 AM »
Great and reliable scooter! As far as the seat goes most people on this forum sit in the front half, the kiddy portion of the seat that is designed to give your three year old nephew a ride up your residential street. Watch them lower their knees as they turn the handle bars. It's hilarious!
Sit in the adult rear half like I do and you won't look like a clown! ; )
Tom. Huntington Beach, California

245luigi

• Boston, MA
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2013, 01:35:44 PM »
Stig

I REALLY WANT THOSE ITALY BADGES!!!!

Can you link me??

Thanks
Currently:
2012 Kymco Like70
72cc Malossi BBK
Dell'Orto PHBG 19 AS Carb
52 Pilot Jet
92 Main Jet
W7 Needle, 40 Slide
2T atomizer + bushing
Tecnigas Triops
Malossi Torque Driver

91cavgt

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2013, 06:18:02 PM »
I think I am the only person on here that has had problems with their Like, but in the grand scheme of things I still like it very much.  Mine has 2600 miles on it now, and they are probably the hardest ridden miles out of everyone on here.  I normally ride mine at full throttle due to the roads that I ride on.  I have ridden my Like 200i at full throttle for over an hour and it just came back for more.  Even with the problems, it has been a great experience!!!
2012 Like 200i  in black

cochi

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2013, 11:35:12 PM »
Hi Steve, I'm pretty new to this forum. The folks here are knowledgable and helpful. I bought a 2013 Like 200i this past July and it's been a blast. You'll be surprised how quickly these things accelerate ti 35 mph. I have no problem keeping up with traffic. You'll also be surprised how restricted the intake and exhaust are on them. That being said, they can still scoot around quite nicely!!! However, I did remove the intake restrictor. As far as I can tell I didn't loose any torque on the bottem end and the midrange seems a little fatter. The mapping on the fuel injection system has been able to compensate for the extra air. I don't know about the top end, I haven't had the opportunity to open her up. I live in Philadelphia and it's hard to find a long run without getting onto an interstate and I avoid those like the plague!! The bikes are well built, I have almost 2000 miles on mine and have had zero problems. You and your wife will enjoy owning them. cochi ;D   

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2013, 11:36:57 PM »
Stig

I REALLY WANT THOSE ITALY BADGES!!!!

Can you link me??

Thanks
Ebay several months ago
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

91cavgt

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2013, 12:49:49 AM »
Hi Steve, I'm pretty new to this forum. The folks here are knowledgable and helpful. I bought a 2013 Like 200i this past July and it's been a blast. You'll be surprised how quickly these things accelerate ti 35 mph. I have no problem keeping up with traffic. You'll also be surprised how restricted the intake and exhaust are on them. That being said, they can still scoot around quite nicely!!! However, I did remove the intake restrictor. As far as I can tell I didn't loose any torque on the bottem end and the midrange seems a little fatter. The mapping on the fuel injection system has been able to compensate for the extra air. I don't know about the top end, I haven't had the opportunity to open her up. I live in Philadelphia and it's hard to find a long run without getting onto an interstate and I avoid those like the plague!! The bikes are well built, I have almost 2000 miles on mine and have had zero problems. You and your wife will enjoy owning them. cochi ;D   

I have removed the intake restrictor, and another potential restriction but have not seen any improvements with the latest restriction removal.  On the highway, even for prolonged periods at wide open throttle, my Like never skipped a beat or ran hot. 
2012 Like 200i  in black

TroutBum

• 2012 Like 200i (sold)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2013, 05:25:19 AM »
I have had my Like going on 15 months and 5,700 miles. Except for two bad OEM batteries, the Like has been bullet proof. I am 5'9" so the seat issue taller folks have is barely noticeable to me. Oh, do check screws and bolts often while breaking the scooter in. I had an air cleaner box mounting bolt work loose.

cochi

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2013, 01:33:46 AM »
Cavgt, sorry your having problems with your Like. No doubt that they'll find the problem. Glad to see that these things can be driven wot for long periods. I am an old Brit bike guy, mostly Royal Enfields,  Indian and English 500 Bullets. If you drive an unmodified one of these at wot for more than
a few minutes, they turn into two wheeled hand grenades. By the way, other than the intake restriction, what other restriction did you remove? cochi :) :D 

91cavgt

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2013, 02:18:52 AM »
Cavgt, sorry your having problems with your Like. No doubt that they'll find the problem. Glad to see that these things can be driven wot for long periods. I am an old Brit bike guy, mostly Royal Enfields,  Indian and English 500 Bullets. If you drive an unmodified one of these at wot for more than
a few minutes, they turn into two wheeled hand grenades. By the way, other than the intake restriction, what other restriction did you remove? cochi :) :D

If you remove the air box lid and flip it over, you will notice a big, contoured piece of plastic that has been hot rivited into place.  I was able to just cut the plastic rivets off and remove this panel.  It appears as though the primary purpose of this panel is to prevent debris coming into the intake from striking the air filter itself.  I saw no increase in performance from doing this. 

After looking around at the scooter, I have come to the conclusion that the exhaust is the biggest restriction.  For comparison, my brother's 80cc Honda Elite has the same exhaust outlet size that our Like 163cc has!!  GPR, the exhaust company claims a 2.5 hp increase with their exhaust.  Considering that stock, our Likes put out just barely over 11 hp, that is about a 25% increase in power which is huge.  The only downfall is the GPR exhaust runs about $350 USD. 
2012 Like 200i  in black

cochi

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2013, 04:02:45 PM »
Cavgt, thanks for the info. Looked into the pipe that you mentioned. Nice looking exhaust and the power increase, if accurate is great. Unfortunately, it's a little pricey. I would also like to see dyno specs  comparing the torque band with the stock exhaust. If it moves too far up the rpm range, she'll be slower off of the line.

oskuk

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2013, 11:32:56 PM »

After looking around at the scooter, I have come to the conclusion that the exhaust is the biggest restriction. 

Have You tried without the exhaust? With a ear plugs of course ;-)

tclhb

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2013, 01:47:39 AM »
I am highly skeptical about power gains from the exhaust alone. I base this on my experience with cat back exhaust systems on several cars I've owned. I have come to the conclusion that I will do exhaust on a vehicle for sound only.
Tom. Huntington Beach, California

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()