Author Topic: My third use of the warrenty  (Read 1478 times)

NeoGenesisMax

• View Profile
My third use of the warrenty
« on: November 10, 2013, 01:47:47 AM »
I bought my Like last month and am just under 1000 miles on it.  In this time I've had to get a new side view mirror*, luggage hook, and now all new locks**.  These are all covered under warranty but is fairly alarming.

*the rubber at the bottom of the side view was cracked from day one and they replaced it after purchase but kymco only sends the side view with the rubber cover.

**my trunk's lock/latch never worked from kymco. My shop had to bend parts to make it work. The lock for the seat was broken from kymco. It could be turned to the left almost 360 degrees.  And the ignition lock now grabs the key and won't let me pull it out sometimes and all the other times it won't turn once the key is in it. hmmmmmm

200i

• View Profile
Re: My third use of the warrenty
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2013, 02:42:22 AM »
I seem to have the ignition key issue...it's tricky to turn and remove.  It's never failed but tricky...

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2013, 03:51:48 PM »
I bought my Like last month and am just under 1000 miles on it.  In this time I've had to get a new side view mirror*, luggage hook, and now all new locks**.  These are all covered under warranty but is fairly alarming.

*the rubber at the bottom of the side view was cracked from day one and they replaced it after purchase but kymco only sends the side view with the rubber cover.

**my trunk's lock/latch never worked from kymco. My shop had to bend parts to make it work. The lock for the seat was broken from kymco. It could be turned to the left almost 360 degrees.  And the ignition lock now grabs the key and won't let me pull it out sometimes and all the other times it won't turn once the key is in it. hmmmmmm

I'd be interested to know what the production date on your scoot is. Look up under the side cowl panel with a flash light to see the tag.
Dry rot on the rubber mirror collar - or ripped when installing at the plant?
Metal tab in the top trunk latch can get bent - bend it back to proper position to get it to work smoothly.
Seat lock and ignition lock issues are the big issues here, obviously. Ignition lock is an easy replace I would think - unscrew the face ring, unplug, replace.....but key needs to fit seat and Met-In box, too.
Seat lock not working is a bummer - but the dealer should be able to sort with adjustment or replacement of the parts.
Thanks for the posting.....good use of the forum!
Ride safe
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

TroutBum

• 2012 Like 200i (sold)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2013, 06:52:53 AM »
So far none of my locks have given me trouble except the trunk lock would bind a little. To cure the friction that was going on I just rubbed some candle wax on the lock and latch. Now the trunk latch is smooth when locking and unlocking.

I can see how the various locks could become an I issue. They appear to be of the cheap variety.

NeoGenesisMax

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2013, 07:03:59 PM »
The rubber "gromit" (as they cakked it) was most likely torn not rotted. Funny thing is the glove box is the only lock that has worked flawlessly. Once the black foam that helps seal it came out. I suggest everyone pull a bit of this out and add a drop of super glue under it then replace it.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()