Author Topic: Kymco warranty - positive  (Read 1108 times)

boo

• I hate censorship people manipulate you
    • View Profile
Kymco warranty - positive
« on: November 12, 2013, 06:47:32 PM »
I bought a new 2013 GT300 in early summer. It has 4000 miles on it now.
I love this scoot. It is a real joy to ride.
Sometime back, I noticed small drops of oil coming from the back, low side of my variator cover.
A small drop or two on the garage floor. I knew I had a leak somewhere. I thought it was the rear gear box seal but, also knew it could have been coming from the front, and running to the back.
I called my local Kymco dealer where I purchased the scoot and told them about my problem.
They told me to bring it in so they could check it out.

Long story short: It turned out to be the oil seal up front behind the variator.
Kingsport Cycles in Kingsport Tn., treated me good, fixed the problem, and called me in about 10-12 days and said my scoot was fixed and ready to be picked up.
Kudos to Kymco warranty, and Kingsport Cycles.
This is the way customers should be treated.
300GTI black
Pro 2A - member GOA & NRA

carmen007

• View Profile
Re: Kymco warranty - positive
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2013, 02:44:58 AM »
Do you find you need to go to the place you bought the scooter to get good service? Can you go to any kymco dealer and get good service??
2013 Kymco People GT 300I
14g Dr pulley

2009 Schwinn Newport 150
2012 Genuine Buddy 125

boo

• I hate censorship people manipulate you
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2013, 07:17:42 PM »
Do you find you need to go to the place you bought the scooter to get good service? Can you go to any kymco dealer and get good service??

Not sure if I understand your question.
My choice was a logical one. It is the closest Kymco dealer to me and where I bought my scoot.
As far as good service goes from dealer to dealer, the only way to find out about service is to deal with them.
We have other dealers in our area that sell different kinds of cycles and scoots. The Honda dealerships in my area are the pits and I will never do business with them.
300GTI black
Pro 2A - member GOA & NRA

Yellow Jacket

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2013, 10:17:31 PM »
I've had a very favorable warranty experience with Kymco. Bike was a 125 People S that wouldn't charge the battery. I was working on it for a friend. I did all the checking I could do with no progress so took the bike to my local dealer. Bike was a little rough shape and didn't want to spend much $'s on it. I told him to find out what it would cost to fix it before they did anything. 4 days later he called to say I could pick up the bike, that is was fixed free of charge. Seems Kymco had a problem with this bike and fixed them under warranty, something that I hadn't even thought of. They replace the battery, stator, regulator and I think the flywheel.
Scooter owned in the past, Honda Aero 125, '87 Elite 150 (2), '87 & '90 250 Elite, Yamaha 200, (2), 400 Majesty, Aprilia  Atlantic 500, Piaggio BV250,SYM HD200,  Kymco Yager GT200
Current ride, Kymco GTi 300

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()