Author Topic: CDI  (Read 1183 times)

EwanF96

• View Profile
CDI
« on: November 17, 2013, 04:50:47 AM »
Hello,

I cut my CDI not long ago and all it is doing is creating problems, the bike is loosing power on start up and won't go up hills.

Any Idea where I can buy a cheap CDI (UK only)

Thanks

EwanF96

• View Profile
Re: CDI
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2013, 10:01:45 AM »
Any one?!

Smithg27

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2013, 11:54:57 PM »
This is the first time I have seen anyone ever say this. The lose of power is most likely not due to the CDI derestriction. Unless of course you did the derestriction wrong.
The problem is most likely something mechanical not electronically like the CDI. Check your valves to see if they have the correct spacing and check your air filter to see if it is super dirty. Also if you have not done any tuning to your CVT that will make your scoot seem slow. Also a quick clean to your CTV does actually show nice improvements for me.
Let me know if any of this helps or if you have checked all of that already before you go buy a new, possibly unneeded, CDI.

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2013, 05:02:02 PM »
This is the first time I have seen anyone ever say this. The lose of power is most likely not due to the CDI derestriction. Unless of course you did the derestriction wrong.
The problem is most likely something mechanical not electronically like the CDI. Check your valves to see if they have the correct spacing and check your air filter to see if it is super dirty. Also if you have not done any tuning to your CVT that will make your scoot seem slow. Also a quick clean to your CTV does actually show nice improvements for me.
Let me know if any of this helps or if you have checked all of that already before you go buy a new, possibly unneeded, CDI.

x2 you need to do all 3 things bigger jet and change teh boss drive to. Or it wont work right.

EwanF96

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2013, 12:29:50 PM »
Thanks guys!

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()