Author Topic: Anyone with RED LIKE & Crashbars??  (Read 2698 times)

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Anyone with RED LIKE & Crashbars??
« on: November 23, 2013, 08:11:14 PM »
Hello, I keep waiting for someone to post a picture of their red LIKE with the chrome set of Kymco 'crash bars' .
Anyone have those installed on their red LIKE (50, 125 or 200 ?)
Have only ever seen a picture of a red LIKE with a custom set of the bars - never the OEM Kymco bars.
Thanks, Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

Dolemite

• View Profile
Re: Anyone with RED LIKE & Crashbars??
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2013, 10:53:20 PM »
Here you go, an informative video that's also easy on the eyes....

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2013, 01:22:57 AM »
Here you go, an informative video that's also easy on the eyes....

Thanks a bunch! This was great!
I did not know Kymco USA had made any videos. This might have helped some when I was putting on my crash bars.
Also, they had a video of a guy zipping around on a red LIKE with the chrome bars installed. (Tx plate)
She pretty much shows all the accessories avail. for the LIKE in the States. All 3 of 'em. The mirrors don't look to be much, if any, longer armed for seeing behind.
Kinda made me cringe when she drilled & screwed up into the seat pad to install that Genuine OEM Sandwich Bag. Fellows have enough stuff sticking them in the rear on one of these scoots!
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

Dolemite

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2013, 03:38:06 PM »
I think i've dropped the hint to the girlfriend enough that I'll get some crash bars for my black Like this christmas.
I'd love to get a Faco folding chrome rear rack as I hate the oem rack, but the only ones I can find are sold in europe and it's like pulling teeth to see if these companies can ship to the us. So far no luck. I think my main gripe is I ABSOLUTELY HATE the plastic "fins/grab bars" that fan off of the rear rack.
If all else fails i'm either going to paint them to match the color of the scooter, or remove them and grind off the screw mounts that are molded onto the rack.

Other than that I love the rest of the styling on the scooter... but those grab bars drive me nuts.

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2013, 11:15:52 PM »
I think i've dropped the hint to the girlfriend enough that I'll get some crash bars for my black Like this christmas.
I'd love to get a Faco folding chrome rear rack as I hate the oem rack, but the only ones I can find are sold in europe and it's like pulling teeth to see if these companies can ship to the us. So far no luck. I think my main gripe is I ABSOLUTELY HATE the plastic "fins/grab bars" that fan off of the rear rack.
If all else fails i'm either going to paint them to match the color of the scooter, or remove them and grind off the screw mounts that are molded onto the rack.

Other than that I love the rest of the styling on the scooter... but those grab bars drive me nuts.
Oh, I don't know - those chrome grab bars have a nautical look to them (think "Fish") and are a carry over of the Gruper Nose front fender profile.
Seriously - the small area 'details' all over the scoot are pretty well drawn, I think.
And, though I am not a fan of the top trunks (boxes, Met-Ins -whatever...) - my Xmas present is a massive/lighted Bestem 929. The dumb things are truly ugly lumps that spoil the classic Lambretta profile - but are handy. I like the black rear racks I've seen for the Italian market LIKE..

One thing about the chrome crash bars and the big Bestem trunk - it really does increase my scoot's 'rear presence' to those ladies tailgating me in those new PeterBuilt sized F-150's behind me. The bars only add a couple of inches - but every little bit helps.
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

TroutBum

• 2012 Like 200i (sold)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2013, 08:17:25 AM »
I like the look of the replacement mirrors. The stock ones are disappointing.

Gunther

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2013, 11:21:50 AM »
sorry for the OT, I'm new btw from the Philippines. Will post my new Like once I get it back from the shop (new paint job and chrome parts)

I'm looking for the replacement side mirrors that were shown in the video, I can't seem to find an online store that carries them. Anyone knows where i can buy them?

TIA

big blue

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2013, 03:21:45 PM »
Hello and welcome Gunther you'll like this forum lots of help and advice to be found here. The mirrors are available at the Kymco USA website under accessories or from Columbia Scooters in Portland,Oregon USA. Columbia also has it's own website.www.columbiascooters.com

Len ;)

sorry for the OT, I'm new btw from the Philippines. Will post my new Like once I get it back from the shop (new paint job and chrome parts)

I'm looking for the replacement side mirrors that were shown in the video, I can't seem to find an online store that carries them. Anyone knows where i can buy them?

TIA
« Last Edit: November 29, 2013, 05:22:28 PM by big blue »
2012 Kymco Like 200i LX (Sold)  Salem, Oregon USA

Gunther

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2013, 10:42:00 AM »
Thanks Len, thanks for the info. Ill order it from Columbia scooters Ü ride safe guys, hoping to learn a lot from this forum.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()