Author Topic: Like 200  (Read 1947 times)

blantz

• View Profile
Like 200
« on: November 24, 2013, 04:51:31 AM »
My wife and I both have Like 200's.  She weighs half what I do and she thinks it is soooo funny that I can't keep up!  Please let me know if there are serious performance mods out there as my internet search thus far is not helping.  A supercharger or turbo????  Help please at is sad that she looks in her mirror's and laughs!!!

MassScoot

• View Profile
Re: Like 200
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2013, 04:58:52 AM »
Blantz: Lose some weight or score a GTi300. It's a 163cc FI engine & you can only squeeze just so much out of it. Once you start trying to tweak an engine, then you'll have issues. Keep it stock or move up. 
Gloucester, MA. (Home of the Perfect Storm)
2012 Silver Kymco GT300i (Biondi Windshield/Shad SH40 Cargo Topcase)
2015 White Honda PCX150 (Shad SH37 Topcase)
2013 Yellow Lance PCH125 (Shad SH33 Topcase)

blantz

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2013, 05:24:38 AM »
She weighs 112lbs so I don't think matching her weight is an option!  I ride a Diavel so I don't see myself moving "up" in the scooter world!  I just thought there might be some exhaust upgrades or fuel management hop ups?

MassScoot

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2013, 04:06:45 PM »
Balntz: Sorry for the late reply. Lost my father on Monday. See my signature below. Like Vivo, we keep our scooters stock. It simply just works. That's how the were meant to be designed & you'll have very few issues when you keep them that way (for the most part) I'm a chubby guy 6' 225 lbs., but even my Kymco Super 8 150cc takes me around well enough. By the time you get done "tweaking" your Like 200, then you're better off with a larger scooter (SYM Citicom 300i) is a nice pick-up. If you can't afford it @ the moment, then please save-up & move up!

SYM Citicom 300i Link:

http://alliancepowersports.com/models/citycom.html

SYM makes a fine nice scooter & is dead-competition against Kymco. Friend of mine picked-up the new 300i for $4100.00 OTD. 
Gloucester, MA. (Home of the Perfect Storm)
2012 Silver Kymco GT300i (Biondi Windshield/Shad SH40 Cargo Topcase)
2015 White Honda PCX150 (Shad SH37 Topcase)
2013 Yellow Lance PCH125 (Shad SH33 Topcase)

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2013, 09:48:46 PM »
Dear Coming in Second on a LIKE,
OK, we cannot in good conscience alter her scoot in an unsafe way to slow it down....like dropping her tire pressure to 10lbs front and back...or replacing her plug with the 8 yr old one out of the Sears mower, etc.

But - would it not be kosher to go to 93 octane BP and installing an Iridium NGK spark plug in your scooter?
These might improve your performance enough so that she does not so quickly disappear over the horizon - and it certainly won't degrade the longevity or reliability of your scooter's power plant.

Your post may receive all kinds of tips on installing sliders, race variators, kevlar belts, re-mapped ECU's...and the biggest power-boost myth : the "race inspired Turbo" aftermarket exhaust. But I will second (or 'thirding') the voting for keeping things stock - as designed by the Kymco engineers.

You want more "Go~!", buy a bigger scoot. (where-in the size of the "go" is matched safely to the suspension, chassis and braking)
In the mean time - relax, and enjoy your scootering with the Lovely Mrs. Blantz. (not very many wives will join  in this goofy hobby!).....and the view is pretty nice from back here!
Besides, the Smart Husband knows when to .....(well, I'm still working that out.....)
You folks ride safe.
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

gitsum

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2013, 04:06:33 PM »
Fine tuning the variator with some Dr. Pulley sliders might give it a little bit more acceleration and might be good for two or three mph on the top end.  No added stress to the engine or mechanicals.  Perhaps swapping out the variator with something aftermarket?  But that could end up being for nought unless you can find several reliable people that confirm a different variator is actually better than the stock one.
2012 Tomos Nitro 150 (made by SYM)
2009 Honda Rebel 250

• 09' Peoples 200, NJ
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2013, 12:21:05 AM »
I've been told that some spark plugs burn hotter then others (don't really know if this is true or possible), if it is you may damage your engine.
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties either expressed or written and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use, the author is not responsible for your inability to understand logic, ambiguous references, sarcasm, the imaginary friends living inside my head or William Shatner

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2013, 01:51:25 AM »
Feed your wife more so she'll gain more weight... that may slow her down...  :o

ophelia

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2013, 01:54:21 AM »
Ask her nicely to slow down for you. Or steer her towards a career in MotoGP.  ;D
2011 Kymco Downtown 300i

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()