Author Topic: Lubrication points?  (Read 850 times)

Eherim

• View Profile
Lubrication points?
« on: November 25, 2013, 08:57:55 PM »
Hi all.

I found these two images in the manual about lubrication points, when it comes to general maintainence.

But as a complete newbie, I would very much like some more information on how to come around it. Could anyone ad to this with photos/videos of how to do it?

All the very best to all of you.

Wrouuuuummmm!
Give way to trains.

Eherim

• View Profile
Re: Lubrication points?
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2014, 06:57:11 PM »
Bump. :-)
Give way to trains.

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2014, 08:41:06 PM »
Since EVERYONE has ignored you, I will try to answer your question. The diagram you posted from the book shows what you should lube with, say, an oil can or these days a spray lube. Wipe off excess. The wheel bearings are usually sealed or shielded and are lubed at the ball-bearing factory. These bearings are usually replaced.

The next thing is all the engine parts INSIDE THE ENGINE which will be lubed by the engine oil from the crankcase and the pump system present in all Kymco four strokes. Attribute that to the translation to english boners that appear everywhere in the Owner's Manuals.

Ya gotta take some of the Manual entries with a grain of salt because of the language gap and most seem to have logic problems. Get a couple of Motorcycle Maintenance books from the library and soak 'em up. Most of the info in them will make sense and will be useful for scoots.

A 50cc is a good place to start your mechanical repair career since they are usually pretty simple.

Karl
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

Eherim

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2014, 01:25:30 PM »
Thanks a lot.
And getting some books sounds like a very good idea.
Give way to trains.

MoToFaLcon

• I Fly....
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2014, 04:08:18 PM »
Ive actually wondered about this myself.  Especially the speedocable.  Heard you should use graphite powder?  What the?  not even sure how often either.
WTF, i have a Ninja 650!!

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()