Author Topic: Air box mod's  (Read 1440 times)

sissy mary

• View Profile
Air box mod's
« on: December 04, 2013, 12:04:24 PM »
I have read in the past of people who have done mod's on their air box's, & they have improved MPG & such. Anyone done so? Has it improved anything? Do u have pic's? :-*

Vivo

• View Profile
Re: Air box mod's
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2013, 01:33:56 AM »
I would only suggest a better filter, if there's any, to the stock air box.... My experience in airbox mods (other scoots and bikes) is that with the increased air intake... rain water easily gets in... Also, you have to clean your carb once in a while because micro-dust intake is unaviodable... 

alyn 7777

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2013, 02:16:08 AM »
I installed the DNA filter made in Greece to replace the stock air filter. Seems to breathe and perform better. Don't know what effect it had on MPG. I have an RI and the ecu compensated for it.  On a carbed version it should be fine too.  See them here:

http://www.dnafilters.com/en/news/product-news/142-new-dna-high-performance-air-filter-p-ky5sc12-01-for-kymco-xciting-500.html
2009 Xciting 500RI
Givi tall windshield
Michelin City Grips
Leo Vince 4Road Exhaust

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2013, 02:27:51 AM »
Yes, that DNA filter is very good with a higher air flow... just remember, higher air flow also means higher dirt flow... just make sure to clean your intake once in a while...

bongoman

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2014, 10:21:24 PM »
I made my own by cutting out the cardboard waffles in the OEM and replacing with Unifoam that I cut to fit. And fit tightly. Then I oiled it good. You can purchase a large sheet of Unifoam at most shops. Motorcross racers use it. It helped the engine breathe and upped my mileage a couple of miles. Then I replaced OEM muffler with a GPR from Italy. The combination helped mileage and performance. Only now with the engine breathing more, the rpm has gone up at highway speeds. When It hits red line, I back off slightly and CVT drops a gear, then I give it more gas and off we go. Now I am considering a Malossi variator and clutch. Other threads talk about how well Malossi performs.
2009 Xciting 500
2015 Lance Cali Classic 150
Adventure is a two-wheeled journey

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()