Author Topic: People 150 starting problem  (Read 1754 times)

mike_d

• View Profile
People 150 starting problem
« on: August 19, 2009, 12:51:04 PM »
Okay guys and gals i have a 2002 Kymco People 150 with about 3000km.  Everyday i have a lot of issue trying to start this thing.  If you try and give it any thottle it absolutely will not even attempt to fire.  So i just have to keep trying to start and eventually it will after about 30 tries and then it will die a couple of time and then all over again.  Once the scoot has started and is running it will be fine for the rest of the day, driving is great idle is great.  No problems even when i stop for a couple of hours.  It's just when it sits overnight or for 6+ hours.  I have changed the spark plug, battery, oil and ran a can of seafoam through a few tanks of gas with no luck.  Any ideas?

Nathan77

• View Profile
Re: People 150 starting problem
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2009, 09:46:28 PM »
Sounds similar to an issue I've been having with my People 50, after a lot of headache I believe I've narrowed down my issue to the Ignition coil. I'm looking to replace mine but it's another issue tracking one down. Also you may just need to clean out the carburator. I'd suggest taking it apart and giving it a real good cleaning. Seafoam is good for maintenance and upkeep but you may just need to really get in there and clean it.

Hopefully that helps.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2009, 07:33:48 AM »
These people have the coil you  need,  kingstarscooters@yahoo.com
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

mike_d

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2009, 05:52:42 PM »
Sounds similar to an issue I've been having with my People 50, after a lot of headache I believe I've narrowed down my issue to the Ignition coil. I'm looking to replace mine but it's another issue tracking one down. Also you may just need to clean out the carburator. I'd suggest taking it apart and giving it a real good cleaning. Seafoam is good for maintenance and upkeep but you may just need to really get in there and clean it.

Hopefully that helps.

Yeah that's what i was thinking too.  :(  I guess that will be a good winter project and hopefully i can get it back in there the right way and won't have any "extra" parts.  :o

mike_d

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2009, 01:35:11 PM »
Well i took my scooter in to the shop and it was a very dirty carb that was causing all of my problems.  All is well now.  ;D

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()